myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Boggsman1 & jpbassking - New Global Currency
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brettbuchanan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Boggs thinks I'm an idiot. Reply with quote

The basket is calculated by weight. I didn't want to get too specific seeing as how this is a wind-junkie forum. The US Dollar presently is weighted at 44%, the Euro at 35%, Yen 11%, and Pound Sterling 11%. The ruble and yuan are not represented. Neither is gold - but that's a whole other thread.

The Bank for International Settlements, the central bank for central banks, is the biggest behind-the-scenes proponent of a new reserve regime. And it is coming. Just like the Federal Reserve Act usurped the people's right to sound currency the BIS/IMF will now consolidate central banking authority under one roof.

Quote:
Composition of basket (value of 1 XDR)

Period   USD   EUR   JPY   GBP
1999–2000 0.5820 (39%) 0.3519 (32%) 27.2 (18%) 0.1050 (11%)
2001–2005 0.5770 (45%) 0.4260 (29%) 21.0 (15%) 0.0984 (11%)
2006–2010 0.6320 (44%) 0.4100 (34%) 18.4 (11%) 0.0903 (11%)

Ask yourself this question. You're a global banker - wouldn't you want the authority to issue currency that was above the law of any national caucus? I certainly would. And that is where we are headed. Go to the CIA World Factbook and look at the composition of US GDP.

Quote:
agriculture: 1.2%
industry: 19.6%
services: 79.2% (2008 est.)

80% of US GDP is service sector driven and I would imagine financial services make up the bulk of it. Why do you think the US Treasury is bending over backwards to prop up the few major banks that are the ones clogging up the system? These banks are global in nature, they theoretically drive the world's economies and if the Fed, BIS, and IMF get their way they can use their new global currency regime to monetize losses around the globe more easily, and in their opinion less painfully than under the current system.

Boggs of course will call me a complete idiot. Which I probably am. I'm just trying to sell books here, okay. I'm way more full of shit than Geithner is any day.
brettbuchanan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Boggs - Missed it. Reply with quote

Boggs I missed the "I'm in." at the beginning of your reply.

Waddel or Jalama? I'm in Seal Beach so I've got to go with Jalama. Or San Carlos - now you're talking...
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at all Brett. I already told you I agree with 95%of your stuff, I read all the posts you linked me to. I just dont think it's very possible for the USA to crater more than the rest of the world. Therefore I think the dolla will still be the reserve currency of the world. Currency market is a market of relativity, and the US is still much more relative than the rest of the world. Go ask China central bank to flip their 1.3TR into Euros, never happen, or Japan. If we fail, which seems real, then your fiction becomes Non-fiction , and you're the next George Orwell.
brettbuchanan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Boggs - In jest... Reply with quote

My idiot crack was in jest of course. Most people need to meet me face to face to come to that conclusion. I just thought you were ahead of the curve.

I agree with the 'US too big to fail' philosophy. I just think the rest of the world is sick of it and will now step up pressure to extricate themselves from the chains of the dollar. And I think a new currency regime serves the global banks better - from their perspective of course.

It will be very interesting to see what comes out of G20 on the 2nd.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read somewhere that 20% of people who live in L.A. are on welfare. Unfortunately that must be included in GDP. Talk about depressing.

Boggs, are you a central coast guy or SF? Jalama has recently been my spot. They used to have wave competitions there. Nowadays, all we can muster is a $ bitchslapping contest?
jp5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Boggs thinks I'm an idiot. Reply with quote

brettbuchanan wrote:
... I'm way more full of shit than Geithner is any day.

That's just what we need around here!

Boggs; I heard Mullholland went into the witness protection program.
brettbuchanan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: A Dollar Bitchslapping Contest Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote -

Quote:
Nowadays, all we can muster is a $ bitchslapping contest?

A Dollar bitchslapping contest. Good one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: