myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Topanga yesterday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
capetonian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Topanga yesterday Reply with quote

What was Topanga like yesterday (4/3/09)? Judging by the wind graph it must have been really good. I saw one sailor out as I drove by, shortly after that it looks like the wind picked up nicely.
laci

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where that graph for yesterday (Friday, April 3) came from. I drove by Topanga at around 5:30 on my way home from County Line, where I basically got skunked by the way, and I saw no sailors, no wind (not enough for windsurfing anyway) no waves. Maybe one kiter. According to the graph it should have been blowing in the low twenties, which it most definitely was not. The graph for Leo also shows better wind than was the case on the water. Maybe these sensors need re-calibration.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwind didn't like my post from yesterday and took it off the forum. I think C st. was the only good spot yesterday, although it looked like county might have been good on big gear.

Maybe they should check the sensors out.
tsokat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys need to call in sick and do a road trip up north. The season has been excellent so far. More windsurfers with good attitudes are always welcome these days.
jp5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo was kinda onshore up and down. Slog/plane for an hour then the wind picked up around 5ish. It was kinda weird to almost parallel the beach when trying to get on a plane.

The bay area has many more options than we have.
allen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to Sunset at 6 and there were few whitecaps and no waves w/about 3 kiters out. I asked one of the kiters if the wind had backed off and he didn't seem to know what I was talking about. Topanga was showing averages over 20 at 6PM.........W/ Kiter unhelpful there is no way to know what the conditions were really like.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: