myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
San francisco Boardsailing Association Meeting April 23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: San francisco Boardsailing Association Meeting April 23 Reply with quote

SFBA Board:

The season has started well and of course access issues keep popping up. We need to set-up our course of action on several fronts, the most urgent being 1) The Berkeley Ferry proposal; 2) TI; 3) Ft Baker; 4) 3rd Ave; 5) Larkspur; and 6) Crissy East Beach. If you know of other access issues, please let me know.

Jim McGrath has reserved us a meeting space at the Berkeley Marina Conference Room, next to the Harbormaster's office, at 201 University. Meeting to begin at 7pm. Agenda should probably start with the access issues above, then move into other SFBA business.. Safety Seminar, Membership, Outreach, and a combo SFBA Spring party and Peter Thorner going away.

If I haven't been successful in reaching you by phone, please let me know that you can make the 23rd mtg. Thanks, sail and surf safely, and see you next week! - Bill

May be of interest to those concerned about TI, Coyote, and the Berkeley ferry proposal.
neilprydemaui

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insurance for windsurf and kite schools is available from www.sportsinsurance.com

You can email dana@sportsinsurance.com
neilprydemaui

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Insurance for windsurf and kite schools Reply with quote

The email for insuring your windsurf and kite school is dana.cagen@sportsinsurance.com
www,sportsinsurance.com
Epenrose

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill:

A couple of questions.

Is the board going to hold an election?, I believe this was discussed last year and as far as I know nothing happened in a year.

Also the by-laws were to be posted and nothing as far as I know has ever been published or is on the website?

Also, would you consider moving the meeting to where it is easier for members who live on the Peninsula to attend, specifically in the city?

I think it would good for people to be able to use public transport to attend, especially as Abigail very thoughtfully brought along vino and chips last year.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Jim that posted, not Bill, and I can answer a few of your questions. First, we scheduled this meeting in Berkeley, at the request of some East Bay folks, because Treasure Island and Berkeley have hot access topics at the moment. Nearly all of the meetings are held at either the St. Francis, or Nancy's office, neither of which is ideal for transit.

Good question about bylaws, we were never able to get the originals from the founders, despite many requests, so developed some generic ones. I'll make sure that they are adopted and posted.

On elections and Board members, we are always looking for new Board members and/or site stewards. For officers, Peter has stepped down after many years and is leaving for Brooklyn, so Bill Robberson was selected by the Board to replace him.

Hope to see you in Berkeley next week.

Jim McGrath
Epenrose

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim:

Much appreciate the reply, excuse the name mix up.

With all due respect, I know I speak for other former and some present members, the election issue has been an issue as there doesn't seem to have been one for years.

It would be great to see the organization grow again and I hope a few things change to spur that on.

FYI, 30 and 30X are withing 2 blocks of St. Francis and both connect with teh Bart as well.

My comments are not meant to take away from a lot of the hard work that has been carried out by the board members, especially Peter.

regards
bil7y

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Is the meeting open to anyone who wants to attend? Reply with quote

interested to know. Thanks
pthorner

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did solicit for nominations for anyone to who might want to serve on the SFBA board in the SFBA eNews in April 2008 and I did not receive any replies from anyone seeking to nominate or be nominated. In all the time I served on the SFBA Board, we never had more people stepping up to serve than there were seats on the board... maybe it was the salary?

Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: