myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Sail Repairs near Chicago

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davelesueur

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Sail Repairs near Chicago Reply with quote

I ripped my new Sailworks Retro 8.5 on some exposed nail heads. The 2d and 3d panels from the top are involved. I temporarily fixed this using 4' wide vinyl taped used to repair book bindings. I would like to have the panels professionally replaced and noticed the charges for this by Sailworks are pretty reasonable. However, the cost to ship the sail back and forth to Sailworks looks like it will be around $200, making this a bad option. Does anyone know where sail repairs are done on windsurfing sails that is within driving distance of Crystal Lake, Illinois? I am about 75 Mi. northwest of Chicago. The rips I have do not extend all the way to the seams. The X-ply material seems to have prevented the tears from becoming longer.
bates

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the North Sails loft in chicago, the service guys should be able to fix that right up for you.
avonsail

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find a friend who is coming to Hatteras and have it dropped off at the Avon Sail House and have it repaired. And your friend can pick it up on the way home. Just an idea.
olaf
morwind4me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the price that the north sails loft will charge, you can probably ship it to the gorge (straight to sailworks) and have it done for the same price / less.
fox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Avon Sail House does great repairs!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: