myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Another Petition to sign re keeping CA State Parks open
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geohaye

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Another Petition to sign re keeping CA State Parks open Reply with quote

http://ga3.org/campaign/budget_may09

I filled it out, lickity split.
mogunn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too.
lorhodes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I filled out the form too - and it helps to send a letter via snail-mail. I am heartbroken at the thought of any of our state parks closing - I've been at a half-dozen in the past few weeks, including Waddell (Big Basin), Butano, St. Francis (Half Moon Bay), Ano Nuevo, and McNee Ranch (Montara Mountain).

But here's the deal - someone's got to pay for this. Prop 13 gives us a great break on property taxes, but steals from the coffers of our government. We all complain about how much gas costs in the Bay Area, but I'd like to see some extra tax revenue generated at the cost of all of us frequent-drivers out there (and we windsurfers do a bit of that in our big cars in search of wind!). I really don't want to see the money pulled from our schools or teachers either.

We all have to decide what's important to us. I myself am willing to pay more to live in California - to me it's a bargain to live someplace with so much opportunity, great weather, incredible access to outdoor sports, and people who are concerned about the environment. Let's just make sure our tax dollars go to the right place.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm totally in on what needs to be highlighted. Our State Park system says everything about who we are as Californians. No doubt, we need to voice a strong opinion in support for our investment in California's beauty and strategic resources.
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorhodes wrote:

We all have to decide what's important to us. I myself am willing to pay more to live in California - to me it's a bargain to live someplace with so much opportunity, great weather, incredible access to outdoor sports, and people who are concerned about the environment. Let's just make sure our tax dollars go to the right place.

Well said.

Join Surfrider...money well spent. Cool t-shirts too.

harris52

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Geo for getting this out and into more public awareness. Signed em both, it's as easy as pie and it only takes a couple seconds of your time.
jp5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I send boilerplate messages like this, I change both the topic and message to add variety to the message. I also try to shorten the message. Thus:

Park Closures Insult Legitimate Users

I cannot comprehend why any government would spend $9B per year on social services for illegal gate-crashers yet deny the use of natural resources to the legal immigrants and natives who provided the $9B. This mindset has significantly reduced my recreation trips to CA, and is a major factor in the record-breaking flood of prosperous individuals and companies from CA.

Signed
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
When I send boilerplate messages like this, I change both the topic and message to add variety to the message. I also try to shorten the message. Thus:

Park Closures Insult Legitimate Users

I cannot comprehend why any government would spend $9B per year on social services for illegal gate-crashers yet deny the use of natural resources to the legal immigrants and natives who provided the $9B. This mindset has significantly reduced my recreation trips to CA, and is a major factor in the record-breaking flood of prosperous individuals and companies from CA.

Signed

You hate my native state, profess to never ever travel here, yet you need to add your hodad point of view.

Perch and Twirl kook.

jp5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hodad?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: