myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
What's up with Maui?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, a little off, but Waddell was goin off April/Mid May. We've got the June gloom right on time. I guess I was looking at the wind more than overall pattern. It seems pretty close to the old days. (1980's) Nor Cal rippin in April/May. No question that Maui has been dismal, but a change is predicted for early next week.

TUESDAY:
East winds 15 kt. Wind waves 4 ft. Northwest swell 3 ft. Isolated showers.
shibumi57

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Maui. May 15 to the 25th Reply with quote

No wind the entire time. I saw a few gusts out North of Sugar Beach on the west side, but you would have to be on Formula gear. It was actually the first time in 11 years that I have not come back from Maui to SFO physically exhausted. I typically do three 10 day trips per year there.

There is PLENTY to do on Maui when there's no wind. Scuba, Surfing and golf to name a few. Add stand up paddle, sightseeing, etc and while tough without the wind, it could be much worse. The last day I left, the waves were around 5-7 feet at Hookipa with many people out.
jeff_bennett64

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so everyone knows, the wind is now back on Maui. Wind returned late last week and has been 5.7 and even 5.3 at times for me Saturday through today. That's still a little lighter than normal but trade winds are forecast to kick into normal levels on Thursday. Tomorrow should be similar to today with a forecast north swell too.
dabull1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: ANTS RULE!!! Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
My kitchen still has ants. 10 days from now the weather will switch! I guaaarrranteeee it!
So what do those ants favor, spilled tequila, burned burgers flung from the grill, or a nice, fresh, steaming heap of my dog Molly's poop-pile? Those little bastards are right!!! Looks like Maui's starting to come on... YIPPEE!!!! Bull
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: ANTS RULE!!! Reply with quote

dabull1 wrote:
stevenbard wrote:
My kitchen still has ants. 10 days from now the weather will switch! I guaaarrranteeee it!
So what do those ants favor, spilled tequila, burned burgers flung from the grill, or a nice, fresh, steaming heap of my dog Molly's poop-pile? Those little bastards are right!!! Looks like Maui's starting to come on... YIPPEE!!!! Bull

The ants never fail, but my wife made me bug bomb the house. Now my predictor is gone. Crying or Very sad I liked those little guys. Crying or Very sad Now I've got to rely on iwindsurf predictions. Rolling Eyes
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Maui wasn't going off either:

P1010080.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.08 KB
 Viewed:  17304 Time(s)

P1010080.JPG

KanahaKai

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: The wind is back Reply with quote

Any place in the world has an occasional dry spell even the best places in the world like Maui. But the wind is full on back now. Very Happy
Anyway the waves, the stand up and the surfing were great during the no wind period. Always something to do on Maui. As you can see I like this place, Aloha
jbranch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Heading to Maui on the 15th Reply with quote

My first windsurfing trip to Maui. Would love to hear about:

must do's
inexpensive but good plases to eat & drink
off the beaten path stuff
great places to snorkel
good places to surf on a long board
hikes and or bike rides
can you golf for a reasonable price?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Heading to Maui on the 15th Reply with quote

jbranch wrote:
My first windsurfing trip to Maui. Would love to hear about:

must do's
inexpensive but good plases to eat & drink
off the beaten path stuff
great places to snorkel
good places to surf on a long board
hikes and or bike rides
can you golf for a reasonable price?

Inexpensive eats: Mana Market for picnic at Hookipa or Hawaiian Moons market Kihei. Otherwise look for advertised specials at restaurants.
Snorkel at graveyard near Makena or mamas fish house when there is no wind or surf.
Long board at Cove park Kihei or Baldwin Paia
Hike/ride anywhere on the road to Hana
Best cheap course on the water: Waiehu public golf course.
jbranch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve, getting nervous about the weather. Ten day forecast shows 4 days of possible rain right before we arrive. Hopefully unsettled weather will pass and trades will arrive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: