myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Our dear friend Paul Mann is missing! Please help!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soheilzahedi5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Our dear friend Paul Mann is missing! Please help!!! Reply with quote

Paul was last seen on a stand up paddle board yesterday (Friday July 3) at noon at The Hook (up at the Gorge) in calm windless waters. His paddle board was found floating in the river without him.

Paul is 5'4" - 5'5", tan, fit, dark hair (slightly thinning hair...). He was wearing a black baseball hat, sunglasses with red croakies, no shirt, white board shorts with big blue flowers (old navy). The shorts had a whistle and keys in the pockets.

The Sheriff was out yesterday with boats and a plane looking, and a boat today also. Please help us by keeping an eye out for him if you're out there!!

If you see, or know something please call the county sheriff's office 24 hour number at 541-386-2711, or call me at 415-244-5379.

thanks!
soheil

Last edited by soheilzahedi5 on Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
soheilzahedi5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some photos of Paul...

PaulJ.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  277.68 KB
 Viewed:  27003 Time(s)

PaulJ.jpg

NickyK

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: :( Reply with quote

Our hearts and prayers are with you!
Nicole and Jeff
windspike

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: The Crissy crew is hoping for the best Reply with quote

Hopes mixed with grim reminders knowing Pauly, he didn't take risks. Wish we could help look. Keep us posted.
airtime

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read this. I was sailing with him last week out of the new waterfront launch..Everyone here at Northwave is praying for him..He is our demo guy in the bay area... This is unreal... Crying or Very sad
happybob

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I parked next to Paul at Crissy about two weeks ago. Met him for the first time after we both sailed. I overheard his conversation about the upcoming Gorge trip. Please keep us posted.
soheilzahedi5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

Low flying planes and boats are out there for a 3rd straight day today (Sunday July 5), combing the Columbia for Paul.

I understand that there was a very moving moment of silence held for him at Melissa and Ryan's wedding last night (he was up at the Gorge to attend this wedding...).

All of his friends up at the Gorge are helping with the search, canvassing the town with missing person fliers, getting the word out via the radio stations, local papers, etc.

Also calls have been pouring in to me via his friends and family. Paul has many, many, many friends and family. Charming, funny, gregarious and friendly; I've never known anybody with better people skills! I for one am still hopeful that by some miracle he's still out there somewhere alive and that we'll find him! Come back Paul! We miss you!!

soheil
tombrady3841

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul's a great guy with an infectious smile.
This is a shock and strange.
Hopefully his vehicle and his place has been secured so there is no foul play involved.
Hoping this turns for the best and Paul will be back at Crissy soon!
Here's a picture taken in May at Crissy with some of his sailing buddies.
Paul is second from left with his big smile!
Thank you to Soheilzahedi5 for the updates.
Please post as information becomes available.
T

IMG_0069.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  497.4 KB
 Viewed:  26171 Time(s)

IMG_0069.jpg

streetsailing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: I feel a terrible loss. Reply with quote

Dear God hear our prayer as we pray for the safety and return of our beloved friend, Paul. We join together tonight in between worlds of hope and despair. At this difficult time, we reach out to you and to one another to weave a sukkat shalom, a shelter of peace and a tapestry of love. May we find comfort in each others presence as we pray for Paul. May the bonds of love and concern that we build this evening reach out to him. Holy One of Blessing, we pray that you protect him under the sheltering wings of Your Presence. And let us say, AMEN.
mogunn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our hopeful thoughts are with Paul and his family tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: