myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Back from San Carlos, Baja
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meneely

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pics Mike. I'm headed there first week in June. Any idea what type of wet suit I need to bring?
STEIN

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike was right about San Carlos, I was there the same time, Hi Mike, and it was all over the map. Great fun watching the pros and trying to keep up. Here are a few pics.

Wet suit? 4/3 for sure, I've been there in June, water is cold. Every time I've been there its cold.

san carlos 4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  75.77 KB
 Viewed:  18834 Time(s)

san carlos 4.jpg

san carlos 6.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  94.99 KB

san carlos 6.jpg

SanCarlos 8.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  131.01 KB

SanCarlos 8.jpg

esteban

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: water temps Reply with quote

Punta Abreojos is about halfway down the Baja, the turn off is just north of San Igancio the date palm oasis town or a bit south of Guerrero negro/Vizcaino and the road is paved almost all the way out to the point. Spring is 4/3 wetsuit but fall can be nice and warm. I have trunked it in October with 5.2 wind and head high waves. There are plenty of fotos from PSC with guys wearing shorties or trunks in the fall
SWEET!
reggief

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMAZING PHOTOS....I WANT TO GO!!!
HeyYou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: water temps Reply with quote

4SDW wrote:
Punta Abreojos is about halfway down the Baja, the turn off is just north of San Igancio the date palm oasis town or a bit south of Guerrero negro/Vizcaino and the road is paved almost all the way out to the point. Spring is 4/3 wetsuit but fall can be nice and warm. I have trunked it in October with 5.2 wind and head high waves. There are plenty of fotos from PSC with guys wearing shorties or trunks in the fall
SWEET!

Thanks Esteban. Missed your reply till now. That's a bit far north, but could definately do it sometime. What's the best shot in summer? (other than waiting...)
brettbuchanan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Awesome Pics Reply with quote

Viva la Mexico!
89Spring

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would we expect in mid august? Would want a mix of west coast and east coast with about two weeks maybe a bit more. I know PSC is half a day drive from SD, and it is really more of a spring or fall location? I've only been there once in april.
HeyYou

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

89Spring wrote:
What would we expect in mid august? Would want a mix of west coast and east coast with about two weeks maybe a bit more. I know PSC is half a day drive from SD, and it is really more of a spring or fall location? I've only been there once in april.

I dunno about August. But the forecast looks really good for the next week or so.
wyattmiller

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running a Wave & Freestyle Clinic with Solosports Adventure Holidays

http://solosports.net/Wavecamps/Wyatt-flash/wyatt-camp.htm

October 17th – 24th.

San Carlos is the best spot in the world to have your first go at the waves. The offshore winds give you tons of power while you are riding down the wave, unlike Maui or the California coast where once you turn down the line the power drops off. This means that you do not have to rely on (or have any) surfing skills. All you need to know is how to sheet in and fly downwind!!

Not to mention the wave just crumbles at the top so it does not destroy you like a pitching Maui wave. You can be sitting in the water with a logo high wave coming to crush you, but instead it just picks you up and rolls right past you without the rinse cycle.

On the other hand down at the Chili Bowl section the wave, bowls up and offers a strong lip for powerful aerials.

AAAAhhhhh I'm drooling already and I just sailed 4.2 in the Gorge today.

San Carlos is heaven for windsurfers.

So if you have never been to Punta San Carlos or if you want to go again and really push yourself, sign up for my clinic October 17th-24. I promise you will have a blast and take some new tricks home to show the local crew.

Come Join Pro Sailor Wyatt Miller with Solo Sports for a wave and freestyle clinic. Learn the basics of wave riding or fine tune your top turn, while learning some freestyle skills to take home and impress your local crowd. Wyatt had his first San Carlos session at the age of 16 and has been coming back every year since. "PSC is like a skate park for windsurfers, you could not have designed it any better." (Wyatt Miller)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: