myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Hood River Waterfront Sunday was a Sight to See!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bunch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many countless folks that donated their time and money to make that park. For those of you that don't remember the Port was running with a plan to put a 500 unit condo complex down there. I was one of the chief petitioners to change the waterfront zoning to make it a park. The Port fought tooth and nail to keep it industrial; we were even sued personally twice by the Port for loss of revenue. The Port now claims it as their idea, now that they see how popular it is.

CUSailin, please take the initiative and get the rest of the waterfront a park, the Port is our property and you just need to plant the seed and start working towards the goal. My thinking was always the Port has at least 20million in property they can put the industrial some where else, other than on the waterfront.
bunch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many countless folks that donated their time and money to make that park. For those of you that don't remember the Port was running with a plan to put a 500 unit condo complex down there. I was one of the chief petitioners to change the waterfront zoning to make it a park. The Port fought tooth and nail to keep it industrial; we were even sued personally twice by the Port for loss of revenue. The Port now claims it as their idea, now that they see how popular it is.

CUSailin, please take the initiative and get the rest of the waterfront a park, the Port is our property and you just need to plant the seed and start working towards the goal. My thinking was always the Port has at least 20million in property they can put the industrial some where else, other than on the waterfront.
johnl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Hood River Waterfront Sunday was a Sight to See! Reply with quote

CUSalin wrote:
Windsurfer or not..., The Hood River Waterfront on Sunday was a spectacular scene!

I don't think I've ever seen so much activity occurring at the same time at the Hood River Waterfront. Here's what I think I saw:
CUSalin'

Well that explains it. I pulled in around 3pm to drop off a sail at Northwave before driving back to California and I couldn't get over how crowded it was. There were people everywhere. Although at that time there seemed to be way more cars than people on the water Cool
morwind4me

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from a week in the Gorge and pretty much got skunked. Missed 4 days of 20 to 35 knots at home, and at least two days of huge waves. None the less, I might be staying home next year.

Sorry.....had to rant.
WMP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morwind4me wrote:
a week in the Gorge and pretty much got skunked.

Indeed, it's only folks who suffer from extreme illusions of grandeur who think there's any wind at all in the Gorge. This place is way, way, way overrated..... really sucks!
morwind4me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WMP wrote:
morwind4me wrote:

Indeed, it's only folks who suffer from extreme illusions of grandeur who think there's any wind at all in the Gorge. This place is way, way, way overrated..... really sucks!

and since I've been there enough to know what it's "usually" like, I'll be doing the my usual trip next year Wink
WMP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morwind4me wrote:
WMP wrote:
morwind4me wrote:

really sucks!

I'll be doing my usual trip next year Wink

Just come back on a day like today. When it really, really sucks.... the Gorge really, really blows.

- WMP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: