myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
anyone else considering suicide from lack of wind?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like there was some wind yesterday morning at Kalmus, but otherwise the trend seems to continue. I missed the breeze as I was watching the Tour de France as it goes through a part of the world in which I have travelled. It's Barcelona today. My 11 meter kite was delivered on Monday. It's an '03 Aerotech, still new and in the wrapper. Made almost completely out of x-ply (just a clear window), It cost me very little. I still can't get over how huge these sails are. I'm hoping I can get by with my 510 mast and North extender, but I may need to buy a 550 mast. First I have to hunt around for a bigger boom. In fact, the Chinook formula booms have been put on back-order and aren't immediately available. The wind drought no doubt. Right now, I can't say I'm in the kind of shape needed to wrestle this pig up and onto a plane. I just haven't had the practice with the 9.6 this spring. One day a week isn't enough. Consequently, I just bide my time and stick with the old fart free style.
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailingjoke wrote:
Right now, I can't say I'm in the kind of shape needed to wrestle this pig...

What does JosephSmith have to say about that?
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailingjerk wrote:
I just bide my time and stick with the old fart free style.

<Sigh.> Your new alias JosephSmith lasted but an hour before the site admin hit the button. They clearly don't appreciate your advanced intelligence and refined, sophisticated sense of humor. Those Brits just won't leave you alone. It's sad. It's embarrassing. It's downright demeaning.

Brucie, I'd say you're going for a record, but it's not one to make us proud. On this forum, you reveled in the number of hits on some obscure and boring topic you posted. On boards.co, you're apparently going for the record number of deleted aliases.

But don't let that get you down! Go for it! Create a new alias! Wink
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the doldrums are with us now!!!! I dragged the inflatable Kayak out, patched the holes and am headed for Bourne's Pond near Menauhant. This is one of the few bodies of water on the Cape that doesn't support much for motor traffic because the bridge at the sound remains an old one with little for clearance. It's where the freestyle windsurfing pro, Neil Mallock, developed his competitive skills.
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lack of swell becomes the limiting factor for me and my Kona 11'5 during the summer. Lately, we've seen plenty of sea breezes, but not much in the way of swell for the past 2 weeks. Been lit up quite a bit at Calema.

There were a few days where I could get out in the surf, but primarily it's been flat water blasting at Calema.

http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.iws?siteID=289&archiveMonth=8&archiveYear=2009&archiveSearch=Go&Isection=Wind+Archive&regionID=250&geographicalAreaID=0

Get some larger gear, and keep the up the vigil by habitually glancing at wind data. The wx guessers can't seem to grasp how to predict teh sea breeze thing. Just too micro and random, I guess.
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailing wrote:
Well, the doldrums are with us now!!!! I dragged the inflatable Kayak out, patched the holes and am headed for Bourne's Pond near Menauhant. This is one of the few bodies of water on the Cape that doesn't support much for motor traffic because the bridge at the sound remains an old one with little for clearance. It's where the freestyle windsurfing pro, Neil Mallock, developed his competitive skills.

And Glory Lane is where the freestyle BS'ing pro Brucie developed his confabulation skills.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: