myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
so where oh where for thanksgiving?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cinda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: so where oh where for thanksgiving? Reply with quote

luckily enough i have no family obligations for the holiday. so where should i go over thanksgiving?
texas - been there done that
hatteras - ok but an 8hr drive
caribbean - slack wind
asia - too far for a week and i
have no shore break skills...
i need a vacation before my winter vacation.
based in baltimore, any ideas? Surprised
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: so where oh where for thanksgiving? Reply with quote

Maui is nice (if the surfers don't get all aggro on ya ;*)), and it's easy to get out through the shore break at Kanaha. I was there last Thanksgiving
and it was great, but that time of year can be a little hit and miss for wind.
Probably figure on four 5.5 or better days in a 7 day period.

-Craig

cinda wrote:
luckily enough i have no family obligations for the holiday. so where should i go over thanksgiving?
texas - been there done that
hatteras - ok but an 8hr drive
caribbean - slack wind
asia - too far for a week and i
have no shore break skills...
i need a vacation before my winter vacation.
based in baltimore, any ideas? Surprised
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabo Verde. Direct flights from Boston.
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanWeiss wrote:
That's pretty funny. Baltimore to Boston then Africa. Once I hitched from Boston to BWI and flew to London. However, I wouldn't recommend it. I was in Paris for Thanksgiving about 7 years ago. The French love hearing about our thanksgiving holiday, approving heartily pagan celebrations of the year's harvest, but they don't celebrate it. It can be windy in Europe, too.
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailing wrote:
That's pretty funny. Baltimore to Boston then Africa. Once I hitched from Boston to BWI and flew to London. However, I wouldn't recommend it. I was in Paris for Thanksgiving about 7 years ago. The French love hearing about our thanksgiving holiday, approving heartily pagan celebrations of the year's harvest, but they don't celebrate it. It can be windy in Europe, too.

Brucie, why is everything you post always about you, you, you, and you?

Did it ever cross your tiny, demented, addled, putrefied, disfigured brain that maybe folks couldn't care less about your T'giving in Paris seven years back?

In fact, many might wish that you had stayed in the Paris gutters and never touched a keyboard again.

Except me, of course.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailingjoe wrote:
DanWeiss wrote:

Once I hitchhiked from Woods Hole to Newport then walked to Thames Street. However, I wouldn't recommend it. I was in Louisville for Thanksgiving about 7 years ago. The Kentuckians love hearing about our Evacuation Day holiday, approving heartily patriotic celebrations of past year's victories, but they don't celebrate it. It can be windy in the Ohio Valley, too.

Gee . . . we all thought the French celebrated Thanksgiving! Thanks for correcting us!
Mulekick84

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd do La Ventana with Wyatt Miller. The vids of the beach and sailing look great for a couples week.

If you're solo, the obvious choice is San Carlos.

We're planning to head down for Thanksgiving, too.

Little sailing, little biking, little tequilla, and a fat little Mexican Pheasant for a turkey!!
outcast

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatteras was good to me for a bunch of Thanksgivings
You'll spend 8 hours in the airport anyway, why not cruise with your own tunes, and arrive with all your gear?

I did like Thanksgiving days on Maui though....it always seemed like there was wind, and significant swell. Best part was it was usually very empty on the water...but if you have no shorebreak skills, then not such a good idea to try head high whitewater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: