myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
inno crane carrier (help)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott1972

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: inno crane carrier (help) Reply with quote

Hi thought this might be best place to ask for advice as this piece of kit is not easily available in the UK as there is no distributor. I will be selling my van in the near future and going back to a car for baby carrying reasons so anything that makes loading up kit easier I like the look of. The manufacturer assures me that this can take two windsurf boards but as the pictures they provide only show surf boards I'd like some independant confirmation before I buy direct from the manufacturer. So do any of you use one of these for windsurf boards and if so what do you think of them? Thanks in advance for any help.

http://www.rv-inno.com/html_pages/surf_universalcarrier.html
tyler4bu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use racks on my Honda Civic for transporting my windsurfing stuff, and while I've never tried two boards on it if you covered/protected them you'd probably be able to tie one down then tie the other on top of it (with ropes, not their bungee things)... I've never tried it with two sailboards, but I've definitely pulled off a sailboard and long(surf)board before.
bdestef1204

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: inno crane carrier (help) Reply with quote

I just bought these for my Mazda 5, and have used them with two boards. The cranes do provide some convenience for dealing with straps, and I'm pretty happy with them.

For 2 boards, I lay the first one strap side down on pads mounted on the roof rack cross bars. I have a second set of pads mounted on metal rods, which I then lay on the exposed side of the first board. I then lay the second board strap side down, on top of the mounted pads, and strap the both of them down. I've transported two boards in this manner a couple of times, without incident.
scott1972

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: inno crane carrier (help) Reply with quote

bdestef4745 wrote:
I've transported two boards in this manner a couple of times, without incident.

Thanks for that. Very Happy
scott1972

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing Embarassed How wide are your boards as I guess this would affect how useable it is.
bdestef1204

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

140 L and 120 L, but the crane mounts on the cross bars of your roof rack, so the wider the rack, the wider the bottom board. The straps are adjustable
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: