myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Veteran's Day on Cape Cod
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outcast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always can guarantee a good time when we send evans away.....
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wed SW 10-25mph wind side off at Cape Canaveral Jetty Park, waves slightly overhead. Frontside rides foreshortened by a weird chunky swell.

Thursday, NW 10-25 mph wind side off at Patrick AFB, waves 12 foot and going forever. Frontsides only shortened by my getting there at the wrong tide. Did not want to eat shore pounds. Used the first half of the wave, and still got 30 + second rides....

Hope Evans is finding some. Kona has been making this 30 degree offshore puffy stuff work for me.

http://www.epicgearusa.com/
paulf.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Jing., nice picture of you jumping the kona from the FL wave contest. i can't do that with my paddleboard. what board/sail combo is that?
Paul
outcast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only too late did I realize the brilliance of his plan.

It's going to be a washout here.....guys all jacked for giant waves, but the period is like 8 seconds.....

Loved the "Epic" conditions Hatteras is having too, Andy Laughing !

So, in the end, Evans has pulled off a fast one.....I suspect he is at RonJon's as we speak, or borrowing the troll's gear.....Fla will get the best of it....enjoy!

...And jinge congrads on the Wave Challenge....i saw a nice little hop on a sexy looking Kona. I was going to go down the Kona road, till i found my sup-love, now I just go from sup to sailing, and don't think i need a kite or kona.....plus out of room and cash for all the toys, but seems ideal for Fla

outcast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, je just sent me a pic of a gopher turtle.
WTF dude's twisted.......

jingebritsen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a backside aerial off the lip in that pic. No one else was getting those that day. With the east coast, quite often we get these surprise sessions. We've all had them.

About 5-6 weeks ago an onshore day went to 16-23 mph. Was on my 6.8 Phantom and Kona 11'5 and was doing shove its off the lip. Might of been able to short board that day, but it was even more dreadfully onshore than the wave challenge day. You know the deal, started with barely enough to geek out, then wham! There's some serious wind....

During the final, the wind backed off just enough to where I needed the 7.5 Phantom to safely jump going out. Did not have it rigged and ready to go, my bad. Jump Konas at your own risk, they are not waranteed for dong that. Off the lip jumps are typically a softer landing for me than jumps going out. If I'm tired, or under powered I tend to be very sloppy with my landings. Being both during the final was frustrating. My wave scores were off the charts, but my jumps were nearly non-existent. Oh well, it was more for the fun than anything else.

http://www.epicgearusa.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: