myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The Waterlooged Report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ron.c

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: The Waterlooged Report Reply with quote

First off I appreciate all the guys who put effort into their own blog. Scooper’s Waterlogged is one that I look forward to at the end of each weekend. I would have thought our “circle of sailing venues” would have overlapped more than the once last winter.

Man, yesterday’s effort sounded like the road trip from hell. The winds on the Outer Cape seemed pretty good for at least the first half of the morning. After that, I got the sense that Ida was on her last leg. I know it’s not a “man’s man” sailing spot, but Pleasant Bay’s wind direction was ideal throughout. With the holiday session and a sneak out for lunch on Thursday, I had my fill of sailing alone. It’s not high quality carpentry, but Steve you’d be proud of my 10 year old. I spent the better part of yesterday giving him a little help while he finished up a 4 day project of building an IKEA wall organizer. He’s done his whole room

FYI to Jerry, his kids and OUTCAST - today would have been a fantastic day for surfing; warm and calm, too bad it was still pretty nuts. Some guys were paddling out in washing machine conditions. I turned down morebeachdotcom Mike’s Lecount’s invite. As Jerry says we ain’t done yet!

RC
grahamfedd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Saturday Windsurfing Reply with quote

I managed to get in a great session down at Ninigret. Went out for 4 hours (once again, cred to my Dad for driving) in the pouring rain! Thanks to Chris for the 4.2 and the hood. 10 to 12 windsurfers out- zero kiters, guess they don't like the rain. Super fun day.

Cheers,
Graham
scooper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ron,

I'm glad that you find something redeeming in my blogging drivel! I thought that any hard core windsurfers that check out my blog might call me a traitor, or worse, for my kiting posts. So far everyone's been civil.

I don't know why our paths don't cross more often. I still want to get down to try your home beach some time. It sounds like a nice spot! Pleasant Bay can be a lot of fun too, and pretty intense.

PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scooper wrote:
I thought that any hard core windsurfers that check out my blog might call me a traitor, or worse, for my kiting posts. So far everyone's been civil.

You're a traitor, and worse! A scoundrel, ne'er do well, a blackguard!

But I'm a fan anyway.

outcast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you guys have good blog stuff....it's appreciated...live2sail billsobx lostinhatteras too

Jerry's World goes back to the pre-blogging days of 2003 or something

I can't get my act together for anything that organized, plus you gotta have pics, and am deficient in that area as well.

Thanks for sharing!

ron.c

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m OK Scoop with your kiting distraction; just don’t forget your roots. And remember to spread the word that windsurfing isn’t extinct (contrary to some of the Outer Cape Kiting Clique). It makes no difference to me what sailors are using, but I’m not quite sure it’s reciprocal.

In general, this seems to be the year of diversity - Scooper on a kite, Jerry and his Kids on SUPS, and I spending saved up birthday and Christmas allowance to upgrade my ancient sailboard on a gawd-darn surfboard. Speaking of surfing, I miss the sessions we had this summer!!

RC
Wind-NC.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diversity in watersports is good! You'll be a better athlete for it, and it can help get you out of a rut, if you're stuck.

and I agree, the blogs are cool for a quick fix, but nothing beats the real deal: Windsurfing Mag, Windsport, the NEWJ, Windsurfer Int'l, etc. A finished product always seems more enjoyable/satisfying to me, in the long run.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: