myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Need some advice on my Montreal vacation trip!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlisonFinnigan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: Need some advice on my Montreal vacation trip! Reply with quote

Hi all, we are a group of students and have some vacations coming up. We would really like to utilize the time not on the studies, but on some good vacation trip. As none of us have been to Canada, we are planning to visit Montreal. We have been gathering information and have consulted the necessary informational centers for the same. Since, we have would like to make this a good one, we would like to seek some advices on making the trip a better experience.

Thanks in advance!
wsurfer05

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What time of year are you planning to visit Montreal. The experiences you can find will be very different depending on the time of year.

- Are you windsurfers or kiters?
- Are you skiers or snowboarders?
- What other activities do you participate in?

In any event, Montreal is a great city and you will undoubtedly enjoy the food and nightlife. Might want to consider a side trip to Quebec City as well.
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twice I travelled to Montreal. Once in the winter with a group of fellow students. Once solo in the summer on a motorcycle. It gets very hot there in the summer and the traffic can be horrendous. We visited the topless joints and billiard parlors on St. Catherine's St., froze our asses off, lost a lot of sleep and then returned to our college to sleep it off.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailingjoe wrote:
Twice I travelled to Montreal. Once in the winter with a group of fellow students. Once solo in the summer on a motorcycle. It gets very hot there in the summer and the traffic can be horrendous. We visited the topless joints and billiard parlors on St. Catherine's St., froze our asses off, lost a lot of sleep and then returned to our college to sleep it off.

Wow, sounded cold. Super smart decision to return indoors. Glad it worked out and that you enjoyed the city. We'd love to learn about your motorcycle trip during the summer. Please tell more!

Last edited by DanWeiss on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
pueno

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailingjoe wrote:

Great city, very intellectual. A city for a guy like you. You probably loved it. St. Denis St. might have been more fun for you. Since you're older, more mature, and worldlier now, give Montreal another chance -- visit McGill, climb Mount Royal, visit the many museums.
weatherguy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing!

I was looking to find the current wind conditions near Skyway bride, clik on a small flag on the map of iwindsurf, near the skyway brige... and I was brought to this forum topic...

Well I am from Montreal, visiting Clearwater on vacation... You will freeze your A&* off in Montreal, better to go to Québec, at least you will be certain to have nice snow, but you will still freeze your A?& off..

A Snow storm is predicted for wednesday, 20+cm, if it comes in, it will be nicer.
YvonneFinnigan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Need some advice on my Montreal vacation trip! Reply with quote

Wow...that sounds great! A trip with friends is always a nice change. Recently, I have been back from Paris with my family and would like to say that a trip cannot be enjoyed with the family the way it is enjoyed with your friends. Anyway, on the matter of the trip, one thing that I would like to mention is the accommodations that you are taking for your stay. You can get great options online for your suites hotel to make a great stay which will be comfortable and relaxing for your vacation.

montreal vacation reantal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: