myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
metro detroit surfers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
on4now4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: metro detroit surfers Reply with quote

im new here but i have been trying to self teach myself windsurfing sense i was about 13 and have come a long way. but i would love to meet some local surfers if there are any. i like in the metro detroit area. beverly hills exactly, anyone nearby?
Brian_S

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on4now4,
There are plenty of places to sail in the metro area. Since you're in Beverly Hills, you might try Stony Creek Metro Park (in season of course!). The winds are not the greatest at Stony, but there are no jet skis or power boats and you can't get too far from land. Good place to get started.
There's also Cass Lake (Dodge Park) or Metro Beach Metro Park. You'll find windsurfers at all of those locations that would be happy to offer sage wisdom and maybe share a beer.
Brian
on4now4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya iv actually been meaning to go to some places like that iv also heard good things about kensington. but all my equip is up north on Saginaw bay and i don't have a trailer to transport it, so i ten to just go at that beach. the prob is i like high wind with low waves and i cant get that were im at.

were are you located?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: