myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Maui car rental suggestions?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curious

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Maui car rental suggestions? Reply with quote

Hi,
This is a little different post.
I am starting a car rental company for windsurfers in Maui. I have windsurfed for many years and I know what kind of a car I want, but I would like to ask you all what type of a car YOU are looking for while renting it for the purpose of windsurfing or other types of water activities. Also, what is important in a car rental company overall for it to be of the best service to those who want to come to Maui to enjoy the water sports. I appreciate ANY suggestions. I am hoping to be of help in the future. As of now I have a 4 cylinder, automatic station wagon, available if anyone is interested.

Thank you Very Happy
superkraut

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about a windsurfer shuttle service? I just spent a month on a different island, where car rentals are even more expensive than on Maui. But since housing and sailing areas are about 5 miles apart along a narrow highway with taxis racing along it and drag racing in the evenings, I felt compelled to rent a car for the journey rather than a bicycle. All I really needed was a shuttle out there in the morning, and another back in the evening, but best I could do was rent a car for the whole day, which then just sat around in front of apartment or windsurf site for most of the day. Take me sailing every day, and grocery shopping once a week, and I'd be a happy camper!
Eva
gregorvass

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in a PAGANI ZONDA R with roof racks of course.
This would allow me to go from point A to B rather quickly.
A must in maui.

Look they work well even in the rain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iHjq4us480

What do you think?????
I will rent from you for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
dabull1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second that one Gregor! That Zonda is one evil looking ride! I'm sure U Haul could hook up one of their cool white and orange box trailers to haul the W/S goodies. However, a Gulfstream 5 would probably be cheaper to rent... I'll take my old '92 Toyota pickup which awaits my arrival in June. Bull out
madmax7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Pagani Reply with quote

Freaken awesome, I wonder if I could get insurance on that puppy.

I'm in Maui 2nd week in May, got a "large" car for $15 a day from Priceline,
No clue what I'm gonna get, kinna like a box of chocolates. Hope I can upgrade or somethin.

Oh well can always add a roofrack from rental place, I'm tired of paying $40 a day from Maui wsurf rentals

I'm out...Max
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes quite a car for $29 per day. Will definitely enjoy driving that on the back side of Hana.

Can you imagine that car with Toyotas gas pedal and electronics issues?
scottwerden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lessee.... cheap, a radio, lots of dents so you don't notice the ones I add, brakes that work, roof racks, and oh yeah, please give me a waterproof key.
curious

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pagani Zonda : would the base model be OK?

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Please keep going and post whatever comes to mind.

Shuttle is an idea, I will look into that. Does anybody else support a shuttle solution?
Looks like waterproof key is a must.

Thank you
loosescrew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of your competition will be Frank's Friendly Cars and Kimos - they have the least expensive cars on the island. However, we rented a car from Enterprise last week for a family member and if you have a Costco card you an get a car for less than $18 bucks a day. Not too bad - I think the idea is to market those who come over for a month + at a time and give them a great monthly rate. Oh - don't forget about the liability aspect and yes the waterproof key........
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Grand Sport minivan that your gear can live in while leaving the back seat in place. My 2001 cost $1500 to buy. I see others in the Bulletin near that price. Affordable is the key.No Ka OI and others in that crowded car rent market offer good prices, but not on Minivans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: