myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Help out a young Mexican Windsurfer!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PoorBoyUS22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Help out a young Mexican Windsurfer!!! Reply with quote

Hello all,

I am trying to raise some money to help sponsor a trip to the Gorge for a young Mexican windsurfer from La Paz. He is an amazing sailor and trains as hard as anyone out there on the water. All he has really seen is the windsurfing in La Ventana. He is trying to get sponsored for windsurfing, and I think this would be an amazing opportunity for him to get his foot in the door.

My idea is to get some money together to buy him a ticket to the Gorge and pay for his food, gas, and living for one month. This should cost around $1,000. It is around $500 for the plane ticket and around $500 for gas, food, and housing. I told him that if I get this going for him, it is not a vacation. He will be sailing every day, training hard, talking with all the industry members in the Gorge, competing in ANY and ALL contests, and really trying to make it happen for himself. Hopefully in that one month, he will be able to make enough connections to get sponsored, as well as more support to persue his windsurfing dream.

All I am asking for is donations of any amount to try and make this happen. Anyone who donates money will be well informed as to where every dime is being spent. I will be opening a seperate bank account for this specific purpose and will be able to send out copies of bank statements to all sponsors.

I am not looking to make any money on this. I just want to give a kid a chance to try and make his dream happen. Let me know if anyone is interested in helping me out with this. I would love to make this happen. Any size donation would help.

Thanks,
Tyson Poor US-22
jesusjones

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about some photos?
petejm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paypal?
PoorBoyUS22

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am setting up a paypal account today and will accept donations through that. i only have one picture of the kid right now and it is on the windsport website. Hit up this link http://windsport.com/hotbox?news_id=751
wyattmiller

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for pitching in on this.

Moi is a great kid. Tyson and I have known him and been sponsoring him with our old equipment for about 7 years know.....(he's only 1Cool. His uncle used to run a kids windsurfing camp for the children of La Paz and his older brother is a windsurfer as well.

He is definitely the best freestyle windsurfer in Mexico.

Also his family is very interested in him learning more English his mom chides me about it every time I see her. His older brother is fully fluent and Moi can speak and understand a ton having taking English classes for years. Tyson and I have been trying to only speak to him in English down in La Ventana but for me it is kinda hard cause I love speaking Spanish.

Having him in the Gorge for a month would not only boost his windsurfing and get him in contact with industry heads, but it would also be the total immersion in English that he desperately needs.

He is a great hardworking kid who really deserves this opportunity. (He cleans banks 5 days a week to pay for gas to go sailing and If he could step up his English his employment opportunities would increase exponentially.)

Thanks again to everyone who is pitching in on this.

Wyatt Miller

I will make sure Tyson sets up a PayPal account soon to make it easier to donate.
PoorBoyUS22

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha no need millertime, already got the paypal account set up. anyone who wants to make donations to that, my email is tysonpoor@hotmail.com . also, shoot me an email so that I can get everyone who donates on a mailing list.
windfind

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gang,

I was working on a kiting video the other day when I saw this thread about Moises (Moi). I then realized that I had a few very short clips of him windsurfing near the campground in La Ventana. So I put together the following micro video of him and some friends. These were almost accidental shots and Moi is actually much better that these clips would indicate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdDmOYaiTdg

This is a really good cause and it is great to see so many of you stepping forward with money. Tyson and Wyatt have done a great job with this cause.

Mike Godsey
iwindsurf.com/ikitesurf.com
[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: