myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Sacramento SUP/Windsurfing Racing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coachg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Sacramento SUP/Windsurfing Racing Reply with quote

OK,
How many of you guys in the Sacramento area do SUP? Interested in racing on the SUP? Shoot me a PM. Clyde got me started thinking about doing a Friday night race series at the CSUS Aquatic Center and since the winds are unreliable I figure a combination windsurfing/SUP race would be best.

There are a lot of hoops I will have to jump through to make it happen so I need a realistic number of interested sailors. The racing wouldn’t be for this year but starting in the Spring of 2011 because I have to get approval and then get it put on the master calendar so it is posted in the catalog. This year’s catalog/calendar is booked so we are working on next years’ right now.

I’m thinking Mid March through July/Aug? SUP and windsurfing. If no wind then just SUP and if too much wind then just windsurfing. Too much wind you ask? Yes, some times in the spring those north winds can crank through there making SUP out of the question.

Coachg
ClydeZ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me ! Im sure it could improve skills in either discipline. It looks like there are more SUP folks out there at present than windsurfers but maybe a small Friday Night Series could change things around. It might also increase class sign ups to learn advanced windsurf/SUP racing skills and techniques. Yes the wind there is sometimes quirky and swirly and holey but there are a lot of other positive points to consider. The center has plenty of parking and beach to rig up in and plenty of BBQ pits for post event socializing. Count me in if you get it sorted. What about placing some sortof a sensor station with web cam so folks could check conditions at their desks before leaving work? Cool
coolmtnbiker048

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down for the windsurfing races, I'll be on my wave gear though haha.
jayden123

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Im in!!! Reply with quote

Mainly windsurfing! I dont have a paddle board. But like to try. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: