myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
PWA Season Kicks off Taty Frans wins First Event in Austria

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Europe, Caribbean & S. America, Australia & NZ, Africa, Asia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bil7y

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: PWA Season Kicks off Taty Frans wins First Event in Austria Reply with quote

An early morning of explosive action allowed the born and bred styler from Bonaire, Taty Frans, to claim his crown in Austria.

Results
1st Taty Frans (Starboard, MauiSails)
2nd Steven Van Broeckhoven (F2, Gaastra)
3rd Jose ‘Gollito’ Estredo (Fanatic, North)

The 2009 Colgate world cup winner, Taty Frans proved that he’s currently the best freestyler in the world having beaten Steven Van Broeckhoven in a nail biting single elimination final on Lake Neusiedl today. Both competitors were pulling out all the stops in order to become the Podersdorf freestyle champion, but in the end, there could only be one winner.

Although the conditions were extremely tough during the final, Frans still managed to pull off technically difficult moves such as his finely executed culo. Van Broeckhoven tried to match him with a huge diversity of moves from lollipops to cana bravas, but he couldn’t quite keep up with Taty’s unique style, which continues to turn heads the world over.

Words Of A Champion
“Winning here in Podersdorf is like a dream come true. I never thought I could win in these conditions against the likes of Kiri Thode (Starboard, Gaastra), my brother Tonky, and Steven Van Broeckhoven because they’re all so good when it’s light. I don’t know if I should be happy or not, but I do feel like I’m flying right now – I’ve won two in a row! I’m really looking forward to the next event in the Canaries, see you there!” Taty Frans

Standing Out
Spaniard Antxon Otaegui (JP/NeilPryde) raised the level during the first round when he landed what some people believe to be the most difficult move in modern freestyle, the regular stance chachoo. The next sailor to really make his mark was Brazilian Jao Henrique Barros Ferreira who stunned the crowds with a faultless no handed flaka, and a technically correct culo. When showman Tonky Frans (F2, Gaastra) launched into action, all eyes were glued on his gear. In his first heat he completed all of his moves with minutes to spare, allowing him the opportunity to play up to the people, and do what he does best - show off!

Hottest Heat
When you whittle the world’s best down to the final eight, you expect extreme action. But, when you put the boys from Bonaire Tonky and Taty Frans, and Kiri Thode on the water all at the same time, and crank the wind up a few knots, you just don’t know which way to look. Despite putting on a dynamic performance, Maarten Van Ochten (JP, NeilPryde, MFC) didn’t really stand a chance against Thode who was being cheered on by his fellow island boys. The level went through the roof with countless culos, and outright awesome action. Podersdorf will no doubt see some Bonairean style celebrations tonight!

More info and pictures
http://www.waterhound.com/index.php?option=com_content&Itemid=401&catid=173&id=755&view=article
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Europe, Caribbean & S. America, Australia & NZ, Africa, Asia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: