myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
fin box repair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stephengrasso

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: fin box repair Reply with quote

Who in the bay area is doing windsurfer fin box R&R and how much should I expect to pay to have it done? Thanks
msamols

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For insanely high quality repairs, try Mike Zajicek:
http://www.mikeslab.com/
spanker_jeep

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually a blown finbox is accompanied by a rescue. Forget about getting it fixed. Buy yourself a new board. I have been rescued and have rescued people because of this. Not worth it. Please don't repair then sell, bad juju.
superkraut

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's malarky! a good fin box replacement is as strong or stronger than the original
Eva
kwb

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Be Proud of Yourself!! Reply with quote

Presumably an old man like you just ran your board up on the rocks......or are you still getting air time?? Shouldn't you be in a rocking chair by now, with a couple of Westies in your lap lickin' up the food and drool from the corner of your mouth??? If not, maybe you need to come back to the River!? Take it easy hombre viejo! Smile
jse

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: Be Proud of Yourself!! Reply with quote

kwb wrote:
Presumably an old man like you just ran your board up on the rocks......or are you still getting air time?? Shouldn't you be in a rocking chair by now, with a couple of Westies in your lap lickin' up the food and drool from the corner of your mouth??? If not, maybe you need to come back to the River!? Take it easy hombre viejo! Smile

Is that you Ken? Look who's talkin' Smile

Steve
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some years back at C Street, I rode a wave a bit too far in at the point and clipped the rock bottom damaging my Tuttle finbox. Eva fixed it for me. Looking at the repair afterwards, you wouldn't have known that the finbox had been completely replaced. Also, never any integrity problems down the line.

Lastly, I have to second msamols' comments about Zajicek's repairs. All of Mike's work is top flight. I have been riding his boards for over 18 years now and I have to admit to being totally spoiled.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: