myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The Globe is HOT!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, time to post some science. I never write for Isobars, he won’t pay attention to anything but Fox. But this is non-IPPC science, kind of the latest on what temperatures, CO2, and ocean acidification are actually doing, with graphics and citations. To see the first graph you'll have to go to the NASA site; I can't fugure out how to copy it in here.

Line plot of global mean land-ocean temperature index, 1880 to
Source: http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs/

As people who play in the ocean, we ought to pay attention to the acidification of the seas, which is occurring at 10 times the rate of the past. (http://www.nature.com/ngeo/journal/v3/n3/abs/ngeo755.html)

And then there is the question of how high CO2 levels are now, and how they compare with past levels. Here’s a citation: http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/abstract/326/5958/1394?maxtoshow=&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=tripathi+CO2+climate&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&resourcetype=HWCIT
And the bottom line from their abstract:
Quote:
The carbon dioxide (CO2) content of the atmosphere has varied cyclically between ~180 and ~280 parts per million by volume over the past 800,000 years, closely coupled with temperature and sea level. For earlier periods in Earth’s history, the partial pressure of CO2 (pCO2) is much less certain, and the relation between pCO2 and climate remains poorly constrained. We use boron/calcium ratios in foraminifera to estimate pCO2 during major climate transitions of the past 20 million years. During the Middle Miocene, when temperatures were ~3° to 6°C warmer and sea level was 25 to 40 meters higher than at present, pCO2 appears to have been similar to modern levels.

Current levels are about 390 ppm and increasing rapidly.

And just in case you believe stevenbard’s myths about cooling based on his heating bill, go to the underlying NASA source and scroll up to see that July 2010 was the hottest of over 130 years of data.

Figures don’t lie, but liars figure—funded by the far right who own oil companies.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so warm the dinosaurs are coming back to life in China. (Actually Asia is freezing)
yeeeeha

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Hey...the next time you hear or read “unprecedented temperatures” from a ignorant leftist/liberal elite, don’t cut them any slack, go ahead and snicker (or start giggling) - it’s alright, you’re allowed to laugh at the stupendous ignorance exhibited by the Gore-zombies of the “progressive” left.

Remember, the myth that Earth “has a fever,” and the myth that human CO2 causes extreme temperatures, and the myth that unprecedented warming is global, are just that: myths, spread by individuals with a variety of crazy-leftist agendas.

http://icecap.us/
mac

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must bow to the superior intellectual rigor of yeehaa and stevenbard. Why their point by point refutation of the last 50 years of science was so compelling that I have seen the error in my ways, and I too am taking to the woods with my collection of guns.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect Bard and I both find this material a little dense. The pics of dinos at the concert was cool though.
I read through a bit.I like they way they are reaching back in time to construct data. That is the the key reason undercutting certainty- the lack of historical data.
We have very bright people all over over the world trying to defend us from disaster both real and unlikely, by getting ready a bit in advance. Ever been in a bomb shelter?
Bombs never came.

Satan never came and was not Obama or Clinton.

Tsunamis came.
Earthquakes came.
Planes crashed
Buildings fell down. Some people ran out carrying people. They passed folks going upstairs to get their laptops.
Liberals want to save us from global warming even if it is less of a threat than believed. I am not going to pass them going the other way unless somebody can prove to me that this building is really not falling down.
When well intended folks offer to save me, I never respond with derision.
Know thy enemy-It is not liberal do gooders.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the smokin hot hot babes could be one of the causes. In the old days they muzzled all that heat on the beach.

If this indeed is the cause of global warming shouldn't the government ban these bathing suits for our own good?
feuser

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More qualified opinions here:
http://www.youtube.com/v/ht8PmEjxUfg

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
he still pretends to read my posts but clearly can't understand what he reads.

FINALLY --- words of truth from the keycocker. MAN, but they must have some good stuff down in Belize.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post Feuser. The modern know nothing party, built out of the tag ends of the Ku Klux Klan.

Most people won't know that stevenbard's bathing suit slide is actually taken from the slide shows of people that have taken Al Gore's global warming training--that's the first place I ever saw it is by someone who had been to Al School. The irony is rich.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are finding stuff in North Europe from 3000 years ago, like an old shoe. It is appearing faster than they can collect and preserve it as the Artic ice melts.
'--This is only the third time in the satellite record that ice extent has fallen below five million square kilometers (1.93 million square miles), and all those occurrences have been within the past four years," the report said."

Bard should move up there for some warm weather since it is so cold at his house
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: