myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Courting Disaster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES, as long as you consider the entirety of my initial posts on those topics, rather than your condensations. I cited references. That you refuse to verify what I said about them is not my problem.
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The references are not to be missed folks. I took the time to look up some. They almost always provide no support for iso point. After that is pointed out he switches subject or censors the poster.Later he remembers only that he proved it totally .
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's totally laughable how isobars tries to dodge the truth about what he said here. I remember the statements that lhdr highlighted that isobars made, and I'm sure that most others do too. isobars's attempt to get out of being held accountable for his statements is a classic in BS and nonsense. Everything is about feeding his importance here, even if that's his pure fantasy talking. Why accept the truth? It's really about getting attention.
LHDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
lhdr wrote:
Well, how do you respond to someone who repeatedly claims that Obama proposed to build a half-trillion-dollars-a-year Hitlerian Youth Corps, and worries that the government is going to take away our IRA and 401k retirement money? Cold facts?

YES, [..]. I cited references.
When it comes to complete nonsense, I don't think references matter. I can claim that the earth is 6000 years old and cite any number of references in support, the oldest written over a thousand years ago. And it wouldn't matter - still nonsense and lies. Nonsense is fine and can even be entertaining on iWindsurf; in politics, it becomes worrisome propaganda (unfortunately, Republicans are really good at that).

I cannot think of anyone I know who would not find claims that Obama proposed to build a half-trillion-dollars-a-year Hitlerian Youth Corps or serious concerns about the government taking away our IRA and 401k retirement money completely ridiculous. Boggsman even went as far as pledging to buy everyone on this forum a brand new (!) Quatro Quad when the government takes our retirement money, which is really kind of nice. But wait! Maybe Boggsman wasn't joking. After all, isn't he the Wall St. guy, and how many people are on this forum? A thousand? Ten thousand? That would come down to what, a million, 10 million dollars for the Quads (assuming some dealer discount). Might be pocket change. Hmm...
-lhdr
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LHDR wrote:
I cannot think of anyone I know who would not find claims that Obama proposed to build a half-trillion-dollars-a-year Hitlerian Youth Corps

or serious concerns about the government taking away our IRA and 401k retirement money completely ridiculous.

When it comes to complete nonsense, I don't think references matter

You deliberately keep referencing my recent slightly flippant "Hitlerian" attribute rather than my original more detailed discussion of Obama's formal, teleprompted speeches about his youth corps "with all the funding and power of the U. S. military". Everyone who watched Obama read those words knows your continued "Hitlerian" inclusion is disingenuous. And every honest person who understands Americorps' history of using taxpayer funds to get out the Democratic vote would be well served to watch this concept unfold.

"Serious concerns", as best as I can recall, is your term, not mine. That Congressional leaders and committees in this and previous Democratic administrations, with arguable nods from presidential prospects including Clinton and Obama, have discussed appropriating those retirement funds is fact. (It got our attention to the extent that we moved my wife's "government 401-k" (TSP) out of direct government control into a self-directed IRA to get it one step further away from Congress's mitts.) How concerned that prospect leaves each individual is their call. I'm not holding my breath on that free Quatro -- in fact I recently bought a virgin one for $400 so I'm covered -- but if Obammunism and Pelosiism hadn't hit a brick wall last Tuesday, I'd be writing down Boggsy's promise for future reference.

That's why you consider references immaterial; if you checked them you'd usually agree the claims are accurate.

Last edited by isobars on Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
mac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning's paper had an article about a radioactive rabbit near Richland that had been drinking the water from a clean-up. Maybe there's local water in the kool-aid that Iso drinks?
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Obammunism"?

The neo-conservative right wing is seemingly having fun making up nonsense words using peoples names to demonstrate their hate. Of course, isobars is always eager to welcome and use these nonsense words to their fullest. He's overfilled with hate, so he has no problem trying to spread some of it here.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your posts often make a ggod case for the liberals viewpoint.I can't help but agree with most of it.
In case it matters:
Bard views seem to be traditional conservative. Iso is a flaming Talk Radio conservative.
He represents that group so perfectly I thought at first he was kidding when I began to post here. I have known dozens, many my blue collar relatives.
Iso is rare among educated people. He is the first TR conservative I have heard who actually fawns over the nonsense and accepts entertainment as news. All others I know are like me.We don't trust the media to be unbiased.
My point is that none of the conservatives here seem to be neoconservatives. The Neos have many liberal ideas, but are defined these days by a desire to reform welfare along the lines of Bill Clinton and a belief that war can be a good thing.
I more or less was a Neo in my youth before they evolved into something I couldn't agree with in the 1980s. The word is widely misused to mean Bush supporter or junk yard dog extreme right.
feuser

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

You deliberately keep referencing my recent slightly flippant "Hitlerian" attribute rather than my original more detailed discussion of Obama's formal, teleprompted speeches about his youth corps "with all the funding and power of the U. S. military". Everyone who watched Obama read those words knows your continued "Hitlerian" inclusion is disingenuous. ...

Talking about disingenuous - here's what Iso is referring to. No, Obama didn't say civilian efforts towards national security should have AS MUCH funding as the military, they need to be ADEQUATELY funded:

“We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.”

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
The Neos have many liberal ideas, but are defined these days by ... a belief that war can be a good thing.

Is there anyone with an IQ who believes war is NEVER a necessary evil, aka a "good thing" considering the alternative? The only person I've ever met who would not fight for his country or even his immediate family's life was a military trainee we promptly got rid of by exposing him to the commander.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: