myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
280 counts of stupidity
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dan
I wish I had a nickel everytime I have heard the term, lame duck session used in the last three weeks, even the moron obama used it the other day. Stupid me!!
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama is the worst president in American history. Bush the 2nd worst. Palin would be a catastrophy.

She would make a great waitress or hairdresser.

Chris Christie with Marco Rubio vp would be an exceptional team.

The media is trying to make her the frontrunner, because it helps their ratings. They can build her up and easily tear her down after she's the candidate.

Bobby Jindal would also make a great candidate.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Bard, "Where's the beef in what you recommend"? You have to come to line with more than your personal recommendations. You really don't have the serious creds to recommend much of anything here.

I have to say though, you're always surfing youtube for trash, your notable specialty here. Anything against Obama gets your prompt attention. Few could argue otherwise.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience, projects turn out well, when we have an excellent team. Doesn't matter how good I am, if the architect or the contractor suck!

No president can succeed without a good team. IMO, a republican house with Obama going moderate may not be a bad combination. We all know, government needs to be proactive in deficit reduction, while still providing security to the citizens (not talking defense here).

Let's hope this is the case, and maybe your assessment of Obama will change. This government has the talent to move forward or completely stall out.

None of your candidates will be able to do sh__t if they have a difficult congress to work with. Or, a congress that beats up the opposition party, as we have seen (over and over again).

At the risk of starting an "Isorant", I agree with your assessment of Palin.

Christie and Jindal are social right wingers - no thanks - pro-life, no embryonic research, school vouchers, anti civil unions.
Jindal believes creationism should be taught in schools.

The old Romney (before he had to become a social conservative to run for President) would maybe get my vote. Now, he sounds like the rest of them on social issues.

How about Charlie Crist?
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Hey Dan
I wish I had a nickel everytime I have heard the term, lame duck session used in the last three weeks, even the moron obama used it the other day. Stupid me!!

Touche'
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Obama is the worst president in American history. Bush the 2nd worst. Palin would be a catastrophy.

She would make a great waitress or hairdresser.

Chris Christie with Marco Rubio vp would be an exceptional team.

The media is trying to make her the frontrunner, because it helps their ratings. They can build her up and easily tear her down after she's the candidate.

Bobby Jindal would also make a great candidate.

Ha ha . Chris Christie, and Marco Rubio, Bobby Jindal???? R U kidding? Obama the WORST? over Nixon, W, and Hoover. I think not. In my book , to begin the argument of worst president ever, you cant have a successful stock market for the entire term . You just cant. Its got to be part of the argument. Hoover -CRASH! down 89% from 1929-1932. Nixon- wage controls, inflation, scandal, CRASH recession of 1972-1974, only matched by 2007-2009. W -8 years in house, ZERO return in market, even with massive inflation from 2005-2007, Wall Street meltdown, housing bubble-bam.
The best bet for the Rethugs in 2012 is a guy like Mitch Daniels, or Rick Perry. Chris Christie is a cutter. If you run for prez , as a cutter, the seniors wont vote for you. When you dont have an income, you are very vulnerable to cuts, thats why the rethugs will have a hard time with SS, and Medicare.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggsy, I'm sure it was an innocent oversight that you mentioned three Republican presidents and failed to mention Jimmy Carter. Double digit inflation........short term money at 20%+.........30 year AAA's at 16%+. If you had been paying a mortgage during the peanut farmer's reign, I suspect your memory would be clearer.........or if you had spent an extended, and unexpected vacation in Iran. He was, at best, weak and ineffective. All that aside, Carter is a strong contender for Worst President because, even now, he won't shut up. He craves attention and his borderline senile ramblings are an embarrassment here and overseas.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think Jimmy Carter was a good president, but he does not unseat any of the above three. I dont know if he could have avoided the dd inflation, misery index. Volker was a late term appointment, and by the time he jacked up rates, Carter was already toast. I am a huge supporter of Israel, and I am not offended by his senility, I respect a man who dedicates his life to good causes with passion. Mr. G, all in all , Jimmy C was a fiscal conseravtive, who wondered while president, and lacked leadership skils.
I would take that over the terrible Herbert Hoover, the scandalous Tricky Dick, and the completely clueless W, a man who nominated his personal attorney for the Supreme Court, and a corrupt cop/limo driver for the DHS. Thats my piece, we could debate it for years, its good bar stool banter.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also add that I am 44 . I was 10 when Jimmy walked down Pennsylvania Ave. in his blue jeans, and I was not paying a mortgage. So my bias is clear, and I do play the experience card when debating, so if I was an adult who was paying attention, maybe I would put Jimmy in the top 3.
jp5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with MrG on this one, things were pretty bad during the Carter administration. My dad who was a building contractor at the time was paying 25% interest on his construction loan which pretty much put him and others out of business.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: