myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ARCHIVE: Where We Sailed Today, Thread Part I.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 310, 311, 312 ... 425, 426, 427  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gerritt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pacopicot wrote:
gerritt wrote:
Kevinmc wrote:
Any thoughts on if Davenport will work today (Monday)? Might be traveling through.

Davenport does not exist...and, it never works.

Interesting as somebody who will remane nameless stated on his bio for the American Windsurfing Tour website that his best spot is in fact Davenport
Wink

I should then assume that it is Davenport Iowa and the Mississippi river
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davenport,_Iowa

I do not exist...and, I never work. Twisted Evil
gerritt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Third Reply with quote

Sunday, there was no parking and it did not blow. So tonight, my 4.7 and 85 liter is not wet.
bert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Third Ave @ 1:30 0n a 5.3/112 ltr Fanatic Skate..no problem planing. Wind picked up to ~ 18 at the channel by 2. Mellow sailing before this weather change coming up tomorrow. What a strange year we're having.

bert
johnnyo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome afternoon at Sherman Island. 4.7 fully powered, ebb tide, plenty of ramps. Been going up there since 1987, a lot has changed but great wind has been the one constant.
SwellRipper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: 3rd Ave. Reply with quote

3rd Ave.
Monday- not Bert early, but not late either - 5.0/85L, sunny, shorty suit fun for awhile but alas wind did not last.
Tuesday- almost noon- it's dark out and raining pretty good, what the hell? Strange year indeed!

gerritt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Ebb Kills Wind Reply with quote

I'm stickin' to my theory. The best Ebb of the two week cycle happened yesterday and today - right when its normally the windiest part of the day.

Ebb tides produce a thermal vector of down-pooling, inversely affecting the NPH, causing the Central Vally Low to transgender over the San Mateo Bridge. When this happens the CVL no longer sucks and the NPH won't blow, as they both feel disrespected by the Ebb.
benpfree1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a nice free-ride session at Bridges Wednesday eve. I could see all the dozens of boats sailing out of the harbor for Wednesday night racing but it was just me and the birds up at NB. Nice steady 22mph for about an hour.
kevinkan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ben... gonna have to try Natural Bridges some day.... one of the things that's so great about sailing in the greater Bay Area is all the variety... I've been windsurfing here 12 years, and I haven't been to all the spots... and many I've only sailed a handful of times. It's awesome to discover, or even re-discover, new spots.

The flats behind the kelp bed at Bridges sound fun!

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
ctuna

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Its Beach on a rare SouthWest day can be better Reply with quote

No landshadow blocking the wind off the beach and there can be a perfect almost point break on a rare day the only problem can be the shore break.
Almost nobody hits it anymore. You don't need a weedfin as you can stay downwind of the kelp an it makes a perfect flat zone for about the first two to three hundred yard off the Beach.
windsurfca

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: New to this forum - not windsurfing though :-) Reply with quote

Any suggestions as to where the wind is hiding today? I am in Davis, CA for the next 5 weeks and want to get out on the water asap (been on the east coast for 17 years!). I starting WS in '85 on the bay and then continued at Sherman Island while in school here years ago.

Any suggestions would be great!
Thanks,
b-
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 310, 311, 312 ... 425, 426, 427  Next
Page 311 of 427

Jump to: