myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
NAHANT - THURSDAY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

evans wrote:
Oh Mac's do have problems?

My MacBook Pro 17 inch from 2008/9 started acting up a few nights ago. The display went dark randomly and sometimes required a reboot. A trip to the Apple Store eliminated a covered Invidea chipset issue, but identified a dying mother board. I was pretty sick about it considering the $2,800 price tag on the machine. Then the Genious Bar guy said Apple offers a flat fee fix-it program whereby Apple will fix anything and everything for $310.00!

It will be back in my hands by next Wednesday at the latest.

loko4wind

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greyghost wrote:
Probably not a day for a wave newbie to try nahant ?
Winds would be offshore, correct ?

I am also a newbie on waves and went out yesterday at Nahant. I had a Starboard Kombat 97L and an ezzy wave 5.2. Little bit hard to get out past the shore break but the side offshore wind really helped. A few sailors out there were killing it. I caught a few real waves yesterday for the first time. Really good felling! Cool

Claudio !!
greyghost

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loko4wind wrote:
greyghost wrote:
Probably not a day for a wave newbie to try nahant ?
Winds would be offshore, correct ?

I am also a newbie on waves and went out yesterday at Nahant. I had a Starboard Kombat 97L and an ezzy wave 5.2. Little bit hard to get out past the shore break but the side offshore wind really helped. A few sailors out there were killing it. I caught a few real waves yesterday for the first time. Really good felling! Cool

Claudio !!

I chickened out and went to Fogland instead.
Waves look like so much fun, just intimidated by the 5.0'ish conditions yesterday with add shore break etc....soon will get out there!
outcast

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claudio<
Applause!!!!!
We are adding wavesailors to the region!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Brad joined us in Area 51 yesterday....!!!! He now Abides
The Purple helmet really ties the whole look together

So funny really....people are screaming at each other at Hookipa for room to sail, and here, we can't add enough folks

PK yesterday at a lonely place....no action shot, as i was rigging 1/4 mile away, and could only see a wave and a sail

51.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  339.9 KB
 Viewed:  14039 Time(s)

51.jpg

jingebritsen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niiiiiice! we all need more "oops i crapped my pants" (because it was so good, not scary) dayz like that.
http://www.epicgearusa.com/
angulo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i blew my mind how good Nahant was. I just missed it. New England has so much potential and spots. Im starting to get nervous.
spookini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew. I tried Nahant yesterday w/ just a 6.0. Pretty much ripped my arms out of their sockets.

Back to S.Boston today, sailing w/ my tail b/w my legs.... Embarassed
WaterKook

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be a stoke killer but it was a little creepy for me sailing yesterday @ Area 51. After all this picture of a 15 ft great white was taken right where we were sailing...... Shocked
I never missed an outside jibe. Not that it matters because this shot was not taken "outside" Crying or Very sad
Great shot of PK!!!!
Some real long down the line rides if you went way outside and pinched way up wind you could go down the line for 1/4 of a mile and then take a ripping ride on speed beach for a 1/4 mile speed run 10ft off the beach on a broad reach of butter! (one tack)
Claudio!!!! Stoked you got out in the waves!!!!
Peter T kiting yesterday with some windsurfing footage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxe23pQqc68&feature=share

jingebritsen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

side off is a bit tricky at first. side off winds add to the push of the incoming wave. stay big on the board down size the sail as you see the wind become more offshore. until you become more accustomed to sailing side off. then tweak the board size after you've had 10+ sessions, if you want. another rule of thumb, if you are lit on the way out in side off, have a bevy of techniques to hide the sail's power at will, or go right back in and down size to your next one down.

hurricane irene, i used a 5.8 until the wind wore me down as it picked up. went to a 4.7, which was perfect while wave riding, and a bit small going back out. waves were well overhead and the wind was side then slightly side off. same kind of building wind going from side to side on, i'd have stuck it out with the 5.8, and probably just tightened the sail a bit. never strayed from my exo-wave 105 pro.

http://www.epicgearusa.com/
speedysailor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

angulo wrote:
i blew my mind how good Nahant was. I just missed it. New England has so much potential and spots. Im starting to get nervous.
Nervous? About what? I hope Evans's posts about sharks doesn't shake you up. There's a great white out there with his number on it, but not yours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: