myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ARCHIVE: Where We Sailed Today, Thread Part I.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 335, 336, 337 ... 425, 426, 427  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gerritt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Half Moon Bay Reply with quote

Princeton Harbor was good. Wind had a lot of E in the SE, making for fun runs along the jetty. OP on 5.2 and 84 liters at 160 lbs. Not much rain. Plenty of time to get home and watch the Niners lose:(
DonORiordan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: HMB delivered Reply with quote

About half a dozen of us out from ~3:30 till just before 5:00 ish when the wind and light dropped enough to convince us to grudgingly come off the water. Screaming reaches before that though, solidly OP'd on 4.5 and 80L at 170lbs, with needle rain poking the eyes only occasionally. The Clam Chowder at the HMB brewery afterward was superb as we thawed and watched the 2nd and 3rd halves of the 'niner game with the obligatory Mavericks Amber frosty goodness to wash it all down.

This all after a sweet session at Coyote yesterday Sat, ridiculously lit on an 5.0 (and 80L) as soon as the windline was reached about 150 yds out...DK somehow holding down a 6.3 in conditions that we all agreed were more suited to a 4.5.

What a weekend...great start to 2012 for us in the Bay Area (some folks have reported 4 sailing days this year already!), fingers crossed that it keeps goin'
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting how few takers tried Berkeley on Sunday. I arrived around 2, watched till 4, and only a handful went out. Most seemed to be on low 5's. Light rain the whole time.
windyjones

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday looks good
benpfree1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday was really good at Natural Bridges. I was out from about 1pm to 2:30, in the peak of the wind. A couple of surfers were out despite the wind, and I had to be careful of them, but I still managed to get a few of the larger waves and ride them in and then jibe out before the shorebreak. Good , and unexpected fun.
pirireis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

surfing has been good this year. With little snow or wind available, it is filling in the gap nicely
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't mind my asking, where has been the surf been good?
Sunday Berkeley 12-19 or so, OK for big boards and 6.5.
pirireis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

38th, Indicators, Pacifica have all had very good days. Last week specifically saw 6-8 feet on all of these spots with serious NNW groundswell.

Pleasure point, and Steamer Lane have been 8-10 feet range, but with the groundswell it was beyond my skill level, so I stuck to the 4-5 feet days in 38th and Indicators , which proved plenty for me to handle.
bert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First sailing of the season on the Bay on Monday. Seemed pretty windy when I got to Coyote at 1pm so I went 3.7/70 ltr. Not a good choice as it looked windier than it was plus the wind came in pulses. Rigged 4.7 and it was better but with the wind inconsistent and dropping, planing was hit or miss on the 70 ltr. Changed boards (110 ltr) and had a bit more fun plus it was safer given the conditions. The hardest part of the session was trying to get the wetsuit off as I've been dealing with a rotator cuff injury since October Sad
DonORiordan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: PA did OK Reply with quote

4 of us enjoyed a pretty good session at Palo Alto yesterday. Chilly, but fun on sails in the 5-8 to 6.5 range. Surprisingly little crud in the water, don't believe I once saw anything I had to steer around. Other than Jack of course (or maybe he was steering around me...my tacking wasn't quite up to par Smile

D
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 335, 336, 337 ... 425, 426, 427  Next
Page 336 of 427

Jump to: