myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The passing of Federico Pecora

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScottWombold

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: The passing of Federico Pecora Reply with quote

The Passing of a Couragous Soul
Federico Pecora; loving son, husband, father, and friend to anyone whoever met him, passed on to heaven Sunday morning, January 1, 2012 ending a long battle with cancer.

Fede windsurfed with us at Sunset Beach, and because of his love of life, he always had the biggest smile on his face. We will miss Fede, but his memory will live forever in our hearts.

A memorial is being planned pending notification by his family.

Speaking for all of us who sail at Sunset Beach, Fede was our Brother and he will be missed but not forgotten. Our thougts and prayers are with his family.
sinusoidal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very sad news. deepest sympathy to the family. RIP Fede
photo of Fede on his website http://www.caliwindsurf.com
geohaye

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Federico was a _very_ good guy.

Because of his larger-than-life personality, his infectious love for life, and the intensity of these last several years, you could almost say that Fede lived a full life (and in a way he did).....but knowing who and what he left behind, no...this clearly was a great life cut short.

How he dealt with his cancer is an inspiration to us all.

Fede.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  226.24 KB
 Viewed:  15767 Time(s)

Fede.png

Seal.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  109.73 KB
 Viewed:  15767 Time(s)

Seal.png

cbknap

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My condolences to Federico's lovely family and all his friends from Hawaii, South America, and California.

I had the privilege of sailing with Federico a number of times at Seal and Cabrillo and it was always humbling. Despite suffering from Stage Four cancer Fede brought more heart and stoke to his sailing than any three other people put together. Once, after we sailed for an hour at Seal in 7.0 conditions the wind dropped down to about 14 or so and I walked back to the rigging area and rolled my sail up. Federico followed me up to the grass, but instead of derigging he got a larger board out of his van, turned around, and went back out.

R.I.P., Fede...I hope you are up there sailing in the clouds with the God of Wind.

--chris
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone who knew Fede loved or respected him. This was easy to see. Six weeks ago, he and I spoke about getting together after Christmas to check out one of his sails. He said he couldn't sail until his shoulder healed.....His shoulder? I knew he had a much bigger problem, but he only spoke of his shoulder, and I hoped that that meant he was getting better. I just assumed he was on the upswing because of his positive outlook. He said he was in no hurry.....

He was a deeply religous man. He was a spiritual man. He is with God now. I hope his family stays in touch with the windsurfing community, and we can support them in the future.
tsokat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew Federico from his days at Maui Windsurf Company. He had the most welcoming personality that went far and beyond good customer service. He was a great guy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: