myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ABK Camps, worht it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll throw in a big affirmative here. I've sailed for 30+ years, and 4 years ago took an ABK clinic. I've taken a dozen since, one in Texas and one in Bonaire. I never new how crappy a sailor I was until I started. Sure I could handle 40 knot winds, but I couldn't tack, uphaul, plane through gybes, waterstart in light air, backwind, clew-first waterstart. These are basic skills and are just scratching the surface of what I've learned since then. (I just got back from San Luis and can add a duck tack and a clew-first heli-tack to my bag of tricks. Sure I have a ways to go before I can repeat them but now I have to tools to try them.)

On a side note, I've tried to explain to the people I've sailed with forever the benefits, but it falls on deaf ears. What's up with that?

Steve
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the best money you'll ever spend on windsurfing. Definitely worth it!
faller

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally worth it! I'd taken many ABK clinics and learned things I didn't know I didn't know, and a lot more, regardless of the wind on the days in question. I've been ws since 1980, and had to rewrite about half my learning, but it opened doors to better and better. If someone mentioned Andy and Sarah, that is old news as they are divorced for several years. Andy usually handles the more experienced sailors so you will have a good shot at getting him as an instructor. It will be worth every penny and more. Do it.
cheers, Ellen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: