myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ARCHIVE: Where We Sailed Today, Thread Part I.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 377, 378, 379 ... 425, 426, 427  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dllee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berk slow rising light winds, 6.6 and 120, but up above Lordships, Xaivier won most of the races with a 7.8 on his Formula, so there was some wind.
N of the big pier was windier, for sure.
windward1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges Reply with quote

Sailed Natural Bridges yesterday and today. Both times I was on a 7.0. Yesterday, the only other sailor out was on a 5.2. Today there were two other sailors, one on a 5.7 and another on a 5.3.

Broke a tendon on my universal yesterday in the shore break not timing my coming in between set properly. Nothing broken today, but a bruise on my thigh from catapulting when hitting a little kelp head at full speed. Normally the fin would rip right through a small head, but this one was apparently particularly dense. The ocean water and its coolness helped the pain go away. Still sat there in the water a bit waiting for it to ease.

Anyway, 'Bridges is good for wind even when the rest of the coast is marginal. No wave sailing, but still fun on the ocean.
dllee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berkeley Sunday, tough day up and down, 5.8 and 100.
Had a senior moment. Old Chinnook front end popped the lines, completely unravelling when I got to the Lordships. For the life of me, and 10 minuites, couldn't figure how the thread it on in the water. Looped on end on, sailed to shore, and voile, instantly came to me with a flick and flip.
I hate getting old.
EBaySwell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Busy Izzy Reply with quote

Pt. Isabel - Saturday and Sunday.

a little light at the launch, good wind out closer to Brooks Island.

Must have been a dozen kites in the water on Sunday...never seen so many at that spot. Busy, but still plenty of space on the water.
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berkeley Monday, kinda lonely out there, 6.6 well powered and 90 liter Slab, nice top speed runs all the way across for a change. It did die around 3 and come back, but OK thru the whole sesh.
timwnitram

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the reason so many kites at Pt Isabel is there's a school I think that is starting to teach people there. I've seen them scootin' about on a jet ski from one downed kiter to the next.
EBaySwell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: B-Side Reply with quote

Monday, Berkeley, after work micro-sesh

Good times, some eel grass to contend with, more wind than I was fearing. Rigged big and scored.

Yea, I've seen the kite trainer boat at Isabel, but didn't see it on Sunday. No jet ski either. Regardless, glad to see people on the water. Who else will see you pull that sick double tripple whateveryoucallit way out there?
sailtildark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday, work, solid from 8 to 5:30. Rode my 5-wheel mesh back office chair and rigged my fresh double monitor. Wireless mouse even! So sick!
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isabel is a real sweetheart.
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stick Coyote Stick Coyote 4.7 - 5.3 - 4.7 - 5.3 ... it is getting a bit boring, if WINDY!!!!! Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 377, 378, 379 ... 425, 426, 427  Next
Page 378 of 427

Jump to: