myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why the GOP IS the root of all evil...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164 ... 250, 251, 252  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is freaking great! Now all those clones can vote 6 or 8 times! This is a guaranteed Romney win. Too bad they don't allow voter ID checks... Laughing
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since its Oct 31, I thought I'd be isobars for halloween...here goes...

"Those People CHOSE to live in New Jersey. Now its GIMMIE MY FREE STUFF! Why should I be responsible to support those POSs bad decisions? Beaches ERODE, thats what beaches DO. Those People should have done their homework and moved inland like I did."

How's that?

NickB

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't know if I should growl or wag my tail. oh, and for a very good disguise, you should add a few GD's and bullet points Cool
mac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admit it windoggie, you only did it for the disability pay!
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
Beaches ERODE, thats what beaches DO.

But WHY did Obama let that beach erode? Can't that guy do ANYTHING right? What kind of president is he, anyway?

We can rest assured that Romney and Ryan will protect our beaches by moving them to the private sector and lowering taxes on them.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie, you did an outstanding job of masquerading as our hateful character from the Great Northwest. I have to admit, I couldn't have done it nearly as well. You nailed it.
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good, now GIMMIE some candy...er...kibble
NickB

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully some will go to jail for this.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who wants to learn why the GOP actually opposes tax rate increases, as opposed to assigning reasons to the GOP, will find a good summary in Senate Minority Whip McConnell's interview by Steven Moore in the WSJ at
http://tinyurl.com/ao2pvyg .
It's an excellent summary of the mandate voters gave Republican congressmen, and why they should not cave.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the sad commentaries about the state of the GOP is the ongoing attacks against environmental regulation, and against William Ruckleshaus, the first head of the Environmental Protection Agency, and a moderate Republican. Ruckleshaus was the head guy when I started working for EPA as a student in 1972 right after the Clean Water Act was enacted. But he was also head of the FBI, and refused to fire Cox when Nixon tried to stop the Watergate investigation. An old friend sent me a summary, but I think that the full quote and the source are a good start at remembering what the Republican party used to be:

Quote:
It's not perfect by any means, and there are still those who violate both the letter and the spirit of environmental standards, but by and large our American corporations operate within a set of rules, norms, established by law, and they're not free in the sense there are no restraints on them. I think that's good. Freedom isn't the absence of restraint; it's a system of restraints that defines the context set by laws, by people representing the rest of us, within which an economic interest like a corporation can work. And that's as it should be.

http://www.open-spaces.com/article-v9n4-ruckelshaus.php

Of course Ruckleshaus' conclusion would not be unfamiliar to anyone who read John Stuart Mills' "On Liberty", as he argued for a broad freedom of association and speech, but not for actions, which cannot be as free as speech, and that the law must limit actions that hurt others.

The loss of critical thinking, rooted in the classics of literature and philosophy, is perhaps the crowning achievement of the current GOP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164 ... 250, 251, 252  Next
Page 163 of 252

Jump to: