myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Time to gloat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
I read this forum largely for Mac's comments.

That doesn't surprise me, as his comments are exactly why he was one of the very first people I killfiled. Incessantly personal without basis, seldom on topic thus very often confusing, sidestepping an issue the instant he can't support his claims, VERY often flat-out lies about what others posted, and all 52 of his cards are either the race card or the hate card. He once wished I would get sick and die or something like that ... nice thing to say to a terminal cancer patient.

Typical debate with mac:
Conservative: "The WSJ reported that apples are red."
mac: "Our resident racist neocon is lying that bananas are purple" ... then posts a page or two about nutrition, pest control, the Bay water level, Zambeesian polar bears, and cults ... followed by his conclusion: "And thus it is proved that wrenches are powdered you knuckledragger".
Any rational reader: "Huh?"

Now, that's an oversimplification for brevity's sake, but it is not an exaggeration. Despite my writing skills having garnered accolades, awards, and/or nationally important achievements from grammar school plays to the Secretary of Defense to federal court to life-threatening medical differential diagnoses, I can seldom make much relevant sense out of his rambling posts. Nothing personal, but he makes a great liberal and appeals to many of his kind. Your writing is SO superior to his that I'm surprised at your statement ... you lying hating racist poltergeist.

See what I mean?
NickB

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
That doesn't surprise me...
(bunch of feces)
... I'm surprised at your statement

somebody had a bad night?
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikey wrote:
Despite my writing skills having garnered accolades, awards, and/or nationally important achievements from grammar school plays to the Secretary of Defense to federal court to life-threatening medical differential diagnoses, I can seldom make much relevant sense out of his rambling posts.

Your writing skills suck, Mikey... not because you don't know grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure -- you do know those -- but because your writing is writer-based, not reader-based. That makes it tedious to follow and comprehend. Your writing is brain regurgitation (think: mental vomit). And since your POV is extremist, war-hawk rabid right ultra neocon, most of your rhetoric comes across as whacko fringe frootloop style... not unlike Bachman.

The rhetorical impact of your writing rates about -1 on a scale from 0 to 10.

Only those who already share your ideology will read. Others skip it or make fun of it.

Both are easy to do.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey matty, I know you're out there somewhere...I felt the same way you do now in 2004. It took me 6 months to recover. Two things for you that I said all year: It's tough to beat an incumbent(see :2004) , and that Jeb Bush would have made a much better candidate...I think he would have won. Hang in there bro, I will buy you a pop if you're anywhere near the Vineyard next August.

Last edited by boggsman1 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
I never did any drugs growing up. Now, no way would I risk my professional license on a Federal drug charge.

That's one downside of states' legalizing pot. A state gives a pot smoker a slap on the wrist and maybe a $50 fine. The Feds, even in CO and WA, can give him a year in prison. And the military, of course, can and often will confiscate the car -- permanently -- and court martial the driver if their dog finds a shred of pot on the floor. (I'm careful who I let ride in my vehicles for that reason.)

I'll be curious to see what the automobile accident rates will do in WA and CO. And, of course I'd still fire a pot-impaired employee just as quickly as I'd fire one drunk or hung over; an employer is paying for 100% effort and capacity, not 80%. Ditto anyone who lit up in my home; gone ... and with notification to the cops if he's driving. I'm embarrassed enough to live in a state so overwhelmingly liberal; this pot crap is even worse. Now I have to worry about not just drunks, cellphone yakkers, and texters, but stoners wandering into my lane. Give me low-flyers any day; at least they're focused on the task at hand.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
nw30 wrote:
-Obamacare will be further implemented to the chagrin of most of the Dr.'s

NW...Do you have any hard data on that? I am wondering why my circle of Doctor friends do not share that opinion.

Because they're mostly liberals. Get further away from Boulder, and you'll see more of the doctors who call TR or testify on Fox News or state on their websites that they are at the very least refusing Medicare, often even leaving medical practice altogether directly due to the ever-increasing government burden, especially with Obamacare. Libertarian TR host Neal Boortz's long-time PCP told him yesterday that he is retiring 30 years early this week due 100% to the fact that Obamacare is now irreversible.

That's anecdotal, of course, not hard data, but Google backs it up with data and polls. Researching and typing it up for deniers is not in my job description.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my Republican friends here often reference Scott Rasmussen's polls. If there was any doubt that he is a Republican shill, take a peak at these:
Nationally, Rasmussen polled at 49%-48%. The actual result was (so far) 50%-48% Obama, the reverse of Rasmussen's poll.

In Colorado, Rasmussen polled at 50%-47% for Romney. The actual result was 51%-47% for Obama, the reverse of Rasmussen's poll.

In Florida, Rasmussen polled at 50%-48% for Romney. The actual result was 50%-49% for Obama, the reverse of Rasmussen's poll.

In Iowa, Rasmussen polled at 49%-48% for Romney. The actual result was 52%-47% for Obama, the reverse of Rasmussen's poll, doubled.

In New Hampshire, Rasmussen polled at 50%-48% for Romney. The actual result was 52%-47% for Obama, the reverse of Rasmussen's poll.

In Ohio, Rasmussen polled at a 49%-49% tie. The actual result was 50%-48% for Obama, a two-point swing.

In Virginia, Rasmussen polled at 50%-48% for Romney. The actual result was 50%-48% for Obama, the reverse of Rasmussen's poll.

In Wisconsin, Rasmussen polled at a 49%-49% tie. The actual result was 52-47% for Obama, a six-point swing.
NickB

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboard, give iso some loving please, he keeps asking for it (he might have a crush) and it seems he didn't get your memo...
mac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW--After enduring months of trash talk from the right, nearly always laced with personal insults about Obama, you can sure bet that I trash talked when the results were clear. Right back at you, as one of the substantively empty trashtalkers. But I also posted a challenge to the Republicans--and none of you have risen to acknowledge that the tides of time and demographics are running against you.

I noticed that you had no response to my rebuttals of your ten points, which may have been Republican talking points but were almost entirely fictional. Want some civil dialogue? Engage in some.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back at you CB--I read this forum for ideas that I haven't heard, or analyis that puts the pieces together in a different way. I have no difficulty with criticism of either Obama or the Health Care bill--as long as it is substantive. You consistently provide all of that, and pull my chain when I have gone too far.

The rants and trash talking of the extreme right during past four long years have marked the sad devolution of the loyal opposition concept into a series of shouts and bullying--all at the advice and direction of Karl Rove, aka as Bush's brain, who told us he was here with a way to create a new and enduring Republican coalition. It is sad indeed to watch the party of Lincoln, one of our greatest presidents, become the party of talking points and covert racism. The cell phone video posted on this forum is a classic case in point, and perhaps the nadir of civil dialogue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 4 of 21

Jump to: