myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Storage at Crissy Field
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
damel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Storage at Crissy Field Reply with quote

Does anyone know of lockers or storage available to rent at Crissy Field. Our office is moving from San Mateo to the financial district SF and a fellow windsurfer in the office is trying to figure out how to make post work windsurfing sessions possible.
dllee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think there are any, unless you're a hottie. In that case, LarryRusso.
Most guys just drive down with their boards atop their new Beemers. Park in a parking garage.
kursatu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have extra storage space available in my garage. It is located at Fillmore and beach. A windsurfer used to store his gear there.
Email me (kursat.uvez@pobox.com) if interested,
I will send the pictures.
tomg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally there is nothing in the way of storage at the beach. However... For this summer only, SFBA has been talking to the City of SF about putting some storage boxes out near the beach in order to mitigate the probable traffic jam that will occur this summer as a result of the America's Cup. The idea being that one could store his or her equipment in the box and then park further away and or take public transit, bike, etc.

Details to follow.

Tomg
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zirtaeb wrote:
Don't think there are any, unless you're a hottie. In that case, LarryRusso.
Most guys just drive down with their boards atop their new Beemers. Park in a parking garage.

I'd love to see someone try to carry boards atop a Beemer. That would be quite a trick. Now, a Bimmer is an entirely different matter in that it's not a motorcycle. Smile

victor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you say bimmer and i say beemer. what's the dif? (or deef)
rigatoni

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only ones driving Beemers these days are the kiters.
pirireis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would have been great if there was permanent storage and facilities at the beach operated by a company and some sort of membership with dues. I have seen this in Europe and Canada, and this should be possible.
TheItalianJobber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirireis wrote:
It would have been great if there was permanent storage and facilities at the beach operated by a company and some sort of membership with dues. I have seen this in Europe and Canada, and this should be possible.

I second that wholeheartedly!!!
I have been a beach-front WSing center/club member since I was 18 (and I promise that was a while ago...), before relocating in the Bay Area 13 years ago. The facilities in Europe are typically small shacks with more or less nice, but secure portable containers (think mobile-mini, http://www.mobilemini.com), run on a non-profit basis by old/retired sailors (we've got plenty of those...).

Berkeley seems to have a nice (/affordable) facility.
The St. Francis Yacht Club doesn't seem to be what pirireis and I are talking about. I'm really thinking a step above the Shuregard/PublicStorage facility (East of Sportsbasement, adjacent to the Beach Cafe now demolished by the HW ramp works) that some of used for a couple of years.
Storage + (maybe) hot showers - (definitely) bums sleeping in the storage units.
Walking distance (with gear) from where we typically park, which is probably 100 yards (= across Old Mason street, east of the marsh).

I discussed this with Cort at 101 Surfsports, but I understand they have their stake in the Marin location. I, instead, plan to sail Crissy (pretty much only, in the Bay Area) for the next quarter-century...

Anybody wants to start a business?
Wink
windchamp2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sfba storage container is on site at treeline between crissy & stfyc waiting to get built out & finalize insurance options in next weeks.
stay tuned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: