myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Worst Drivers
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rigitrite

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Worst Drivers Reply with quote

Just when I think that Missouri drivers are the worst I take another trip to Houston and DEFINITELY they are worse drivers, but then I go visit the relatives in Ft. Collins, and I think well, geez, Colorado drivers sure suck in their own special gun-toten 95 mph lifted 4x4 truck driven way, so what's your experience with the worst drivers by state or city. Feel free to abuse entire geographical regions....like the whole north east, who all suck because Mass-holes live there, and man, do they suck at driving.
Extra points if you can figure out some way to make a bracket in honor of the NCAA basketball tournament.

Discuss.....

techno900

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor drivers are everywhere. More noticeably in big cities simply because of the population density. With cell phones being so prevalent and the stupid, obsessive need to stay in touch, our roads are now obstacle courses.

It's also too damn easy to get a driver's license, and even if you don't have one, many feel compelled to drive anyway. I also wonder why many/most drivers don't know how to use mirrors. So many have no clue as to what is going on around them.

The only way to survive is to assume every car within 100 yards of you is going to do something stupid and possibly hit you. That's what I did when I rode a street bike for many years and it serves me will in my car.
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion is that people in the US in general, are OK as long as there
isn't an abrupt crisis. I have noticed drivers in Europe are much better
under pressure. Not sure why that is.

-Craig

Last edited by cgoudie1 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
jp5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

L.A. pegs the suck-meter as far as bad drivers goes. Everyone is late for something..
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife ran out of gas in Indian Territory and they were picked up by some kind folks . Only the husband knew how to drive but he was on a program that required him to blow into tube that tested alchohol level or the car would stop. He was so drunk that his wife had to blow into it at intervals.
Their car showed signs of five or six collisions.
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cgoudie1

My guess is that drivers in the US follow too closely and aren't aware of what is going on 200 yds ahead.

Personally, if I drive the speed limit, I become too complacent, but if I drive a little over the limit (5 sometimes 10), I keep a sharp eye out ahead and behind. Sure it's rationalism, but it works for me. For me, the faster I go, the more focused I am. Probably what happens in Europe on the Autobahn.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst I've seen were in Boston, decades ago, where red lights meant brothels, not STOP. The King of the Intersection was the guy who entered it first, regardless of lights. If they did stop, they took off again the minute the intersecting street's light went yellow. I.e., They jumped the red. I had some close calls until I caught on and either played their game or sat back and let them play it themselves and just honk at me for not jumping reds.

Tailgaters I do not tolerate. There are too many ways to prevent or deter that, including slowly stopping my car, walking back to them, and explaining to them how unsafe that is. That has turned out all sorts of ways. Wink

Here in the PacNW, both OR and WA, the biggest nuisance for decades has been the sheeple afraid to pass on two-way highways. They back up in huge, LOOOOONG lines behind something, and will sit there until hell freezes over. I have passed several at once countless times, 10-20 many times, >20 twice, and way over one hundred once ... all legally ... mostly, including the 100-200, in my Winnebago; that's how slow they will drive before moving into the empty left lane and speeding up. The lead vehicle is the one breaking the law (it requires him to get off the highway when something like three vehicles line up behind him); the sheeple are just both stupid and ignorant drivers afraid of their own shadows.

The worst individual was the guy who repeatedly was either demanding a race or was trying to PIT-maneuver me off the highway, but that was a one-night stand and he lost.
NickB

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder who on this forum would be the most susceptible to road rage?
(incidentally, rigitrite, I think you got your answer)
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cgoudie1 wrote:
My opinion is that people in the US in general, are OK as long as there isn't an abrupt crisis. I have noticed drivers in Europe are much better under pressure.

A German once told me in the U.S. that "American drivers are so pragmatic. You encounter an obstacle in the road, you drive around it. We Europeans would stop, scream, honk, etc. and demand that someone remove the obstacle for us".

Funny how the latter describes so many liberals, very common in Europe, so accurately. "I DEMAND THAT SOME CENSOR BAN RACIST MISOGYNIST LYING PIGS FROM IWINDSURF SO I'M NOT FORCED TO READ THEIR $#!+."

Meanwhile, one such American pig just finds a way to quietly erase the worst of them from his own screen and drives around most of the $#!+ that leaks around the edges. He drives the same way whenever feasible.
joew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have lived and worked all over this great country of ours, straight to the point, worst drivers I have seen are in Boston, where tailgaiting at inches going 75mph is considered normal on the southeast expressway. Miami comes in a close second, where the number of recent immigrants bring all there third world driving habits with them when they arrive. Driving requires the constant rapid processing of information,and acting on it, sort of a moving ongoing IQ test. I look around and see fail, fail, fail, idiot, moron, selfish prick. The one I love, as i see a red light 200 yds. ahead, I take my foot off the gas and smoothly decelerate towards the impending stop and hot headed tailgaiter behind passes and accelerates then slams on the brakes and stops as i smoothly roll to a stop. The other huge head scratcher is people who turn on their emergency blinkers when it rains, blinding all surrounding drivers. LA drivers in spite of the density of traffic there, are generally mellow in my experience, horn honking is just not done, this may have changed since the mid 80's when i worked there for a couple years. Face it though, when it comes to road rage, it takes two to tango, so don't go there, center lane steady speed, and let the assholes go on their way, don't ever get out of your car to tell someone off, unless you have a death wish!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: