myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
How many died last year in the US while kiting ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cagjr21150

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: How many died last year in the US while kiting ? Reply with quote

I know this a little cheezy but...if you read DaNews today you would know the answer...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/DaNews/259440813066
JamesHardy

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I give! (please don't make me read all that, I drink way to much) How many? My guess is less then the number of people who stroked out and died on the golf course.
kmf

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seventeen, (17), people died kiteboarding last year, that the Coast Guard knows about and documented.

KMF
joethewindsufa

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure i understand the point of this discussion

believe one or 2 windsurfers died on the water in North America last year
here there are more kitesurfers than windsurfers
not 8 times more, but more

so, IF you are trying to "outlaw" kitesurfing based on numbers, BE CAREFUL

and people are into pumping up the volume - red bull, ecstasy, thrill seeking, etc

maybe the danger will entice those thrill seekers ??
spookini

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point is probably that it's a higher risk activity than most ppl would think. And what a senseless way to go!
KevinDo

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this about promoting your Facebook site? I don't do Facebook, so I'll pass. That said, shouldn't this tread be posted on iKitesurf instead of here?
cagjr21150

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler

People promote their opinions on this forum all the time, some call it a discussion.

Damn, forgive me for promoting My Facebook page, which is only a digest of other windsurfers reporting about what else: their experiences, blogs, events, gear and help at getting better at what else, windsurfing.

I think windsurfing news is important to windsurfers. And i think a North American focused news source for windsurfers strapped for time who can't cruise the internet everyday would be someting that might help share the stoke and promote the sport.

DaNews doesn't require membership in Facebook to view the content. Go ahead and do it once to see what's there. Its your fellow windsurfers doing something a little different than posting to a forum.

And no, this shouldn't be posted on iKitesurf. I think most on this forum are mature enough to handle the topic. Or have i violated some purity code. Besides if you had actually gone to read the post you would have seen a whole lot of interesting stuff about windsurfing.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well cagjr21150, I think that you missed both of my points. First let me say that I do read your website/blog, and I enjoy what you're doing there. No doubt, you are dedicated, and it shows.

Regarding your Facebook thing, I couldn't make it work, but maybe that's because I don't get it. Believe me, the format doesn't compare to what you're using for your website/blog. It makes me wonder why you're wasting time with Facebook. Again, I have no interest in joining Facebook or logging in to their scene.

Considering your point whether folks are mature enough to handle a kiting topic, I have to question your reasons for bringing up a topic dwelling on the number of deaths last year from kiting, particularly here. Kind of a morbid topic don't you think? While I'm not against kiting or the folks that do it, it's not a sport that I'm in to. If there was a windsurfing topic buried beneath your headline, I couldn't get there, so you obviously missed your target as I see it.

Lastly, you seem a bit over sensitive. Are you having a bad day?
cagjr21150

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean "I couldn't make it (Facebook) work" ? Did you click on the "Word LinK" which takes you to the article ?

And yes death is a morbid topic, so what, we shouldn't talk about it? That many kiting deaths in the US in one year is a remarkable and sad number and that's why i brought it up... i had no idea.

Had a great week here in Florida, lots of strong wind. And BTW, the Windsurfing Topics are on DaNews Facebook.

all the best, clyde
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: