myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Bought a couple of 90% Backbones RDM from Bruce @ Sailworks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nodak

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Bought a couple of 90% Backbones RDM from Bruce @ Sailworks Reply with quote

Like the title says I laid out some $600 delivered for 90% 460 and 430 skinnies to work with my mid range Retros.

Here's to quote Bruce:"The Backbone masts were made by MacLean Composites (maker of the Powerex masts) but the Backbone is not the same curve and stiffness as the Powerex RDM. We created the backbone to replicate the curve and stiffness of a SDM mast by accounting for the excess mast sleeve width that using a RDM mast creates on a sail designed for a SDM profile. The Backbone masts are in fact a little softer in the base and stiffer in the top."

Anyone have anything to say about Backbones?
Mulekick84

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the backbone masts in a 6.0 Retro, huckers, and my Revolution wave sails. Stellar performance!

I don't think they're making the backbone any longer, but have replaced it with the No Limitz Sumo, if I'm not mistaken.
hitech

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 3 Backbone RDMs for use with my Revo, Retro and NX slalom sails. They have been great masts and matched to my sails. Just got the new 400 "NoLimits" version from Bruce and it appears to rig identically to my Backbones. Don't worry about them, just have fun.
vikingsail

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have 2 backbones and 1 sumo rdm and 2 powerex sdm masts. They all give my Sailworks the correct rigging. Just got back from Hatteras high wind weeks and they let me have fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: