myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Benghazi-gate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 122, 123, 124  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just couldn't bring themselves to be honest with the people who pay them, us, the taxpayers.
Just give us the facts mam,,,,, nope, can't do that, there is an election going on, and it would screw up the current narrative at the time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Exclusive: Benghazi Talking Points Underwent 12 Revisions, Scrubbed of Terror Reference
By Jonathan Karl

May 10, 2013 6:33amWhen it became clear last fall that the CIA’s now discredited Benghazi talking points were flawed, the White House said repeatedly the documents were put together almost entirely by the intelligence community, but White House documents reviewed by Congress suggest a different story.

ABC News has obtained 12 different versions of the talking points that show they were extensively edited as they evolved from the drafts first written entirely by the CIA to the final version distributed to Congress and to U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice before she appeared on five talk shows the Sunday after that attack.

White House emails reviewed by ABC News suggest the edits were made with extensive input from the State Department. The edits included requests from the State Department that references to the Al Qaeda-affiliated group Ansar al-Sharia be deleted as well references to CIA warnings about terrorist threats in Benghazi in the months preceding the attack.

That would appear to directly contradict what White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said about the talking points in November.

For the rest~

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/05/exclusive-benghazi-talking-points-underwent-12-revisions-scrubbed-of-terror-references/
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

January 22, 2002. Calcutta, India. Gunmen associated with Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami attack the U.S. Consulate. Five people are killed.

June 14, 2002. Karachi, Pakistan. Suicide bomber connected with al Qaeda attacks the U.S. Consulate, killing 12 and injuring 51.

October 12, 2002. Denpasar, Indonesia. U.S. diplomatic offices bombed as part of a string of "Bali Bombings." No fatalities.

February 28, 2003. Islamabad, Pakistan. Several gunmen fire upon the U.S. Embassy. Two people are killed.

May 12, 2003. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Armed al Qaeda terrorists storm the diplomatic compound, killing 36 people including nine Americans. The assailants committed suicide by detonating a truck bomb.

July 30, 2004. Tashkent, Uzbekistan. A suicide bomber from the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan attacks the U.S. Embassy, killing two people.

December 6, 2004. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Al Qaeda terrorists storm the U.S. Consulate and occupy the perimeter wall. Nine people are killed.

March 2, 2006. Karachi, Pakistan again. Suicide bomber attacks the U.S. Consulate killing four people, including U.S. diplomat David Foy who was directly targeted by the attackers. (I wonder if Lindsey Graham or Fox News would even recognize the name "David Foy." This is the third Karachi terrorist attack in four years on what's considered American soil.)

September 12, 2006. Damascus, Syria. Four armed gunmen shouting "Allahu akbar" storm the U.S. Embassy using grenades, automatic weapons, a car bomb and a truck bomb. Four people are killed, 13 are wounded.

January 12, 2007. Athens, Greece. Members of a Greek terrorist group called the Revolutionary Struggle fire a rocket-propelled grenade at the U.S. Embassy. No fatalities.

March 18, 2008. Sana'a, Yemen. Members of the al-Qaeda-linked Islamic Jihad of Yemen fire a mortar at the U.S. Embassy. The shot misses the embassy, but hits nearby school killing two.

July 9, 2008. Istanbul, Turkey. Four armed terrorists attack the U.S. Consulate. Six people are killed.

September 17, 2008. Sana'a, Yemen. Terrorists dressed as military officials attack the U.S. Embassy with an arsenal of weapons including RPGs and detonate two car bombs. Sixteen people are killed, including an American student and her husband (they had been married for three weeks when the attack occurred). This is the second attack on this embassy in seven months.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Boggsy.
The essential hypocrisy here is that those obsessed with this political charade are indignant that the OTHER guys allowed politics to enter into the equation.

By the way NW my friend the Congressman told me in advance of the Obama Clinton primary that a decision was made for Clinton and Obama to dominate the news cycle by faking a public dispute between the two Democratic candidates.
This was so effective that McCain was pushed to the back and was desperate to make news any way he could.This was the reason Palin was chosen.
Bad move. She made news alright which may have sunk his campaign and still is a thorn in the side of intelligent Republicans.
You are a smart guy. Don't be a victim of faked up hearings and phony dem primaries.
Join us in advocating for good bi partisan government instead.
techno900

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman,

We all know that Bengasi was not the first Consulate or outpost to be attacked by radicals. It happens and it will happen again.

The issue (which is blatantly obvious) is what happened before, during and after the attack. Maybe it's all nothing, but once the Whitehouse, CIA and? tried to deflect, miss direct, cover up, hide, disavow ??? for whatever reasons, inquiring minds what to know the whole story.

Like I said, it may turn out to be nothing, but since the Whitehouse started playing this game, now they have to live with the problem they created.

If it was just another attack like the one's you listed, and there was nothing to hide, why not chalk it up to the ongoing war against radical Islam, find those responsible and retaliate appropriately?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno...I disagree 100% . I take Hillary at her word, when she adamantly stated, what difference does it make? I am also quite confident in our ability as a nation to find , and kill terorists, which we are doing everyday. If you want to get upset at a response to terrorism, why dont you focus on 243 dead marines. Reagan retreated, NO retaliation. Al Queda was born. That was 30 years ago.
Techno....you and NW30 are being fleeced by the Righty media complex-again.
My last edit. Tell me Techno, or NDub. What do you REALLY want to know about Benghazi? Did you have the same burning desire to get to the bottom of the above listed security failures? Have you studied the political career of the esteemed Darryl Issa? starting with his self funded recall of Gray Davis?
mac

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only news here is that the Administration prepared, and edited, talking points when the shit hit the fan. Does anyone think that this doesn't happen routinely in all political venues? I think it is vile, but I've watched everyone do it. Politicians are most upset when they are hit by surprises.

The testimony, including the recent hearing and the original hearing by the security chief, revealed 1) nobody, including the security head who had asked for more staff, anticipated such a response. We had been supporters of the Libya insurrection, and had many friends; 2) the additional staff requested by the security chief would not have prevented the attack or enabled a response that resisted it successfully; 3) there were no military assets close enough to respond fast enough.

The comments by the right wingers that liberals don't care are particularly offensive--I know the father of the ambassador pretty well, and he asked for people to not politicize the death of his son. Your failure to respect that request, and your personalizing it to Obama and all that disagree with you is despicable.

There are two obvious reasons for not immediately reporting what was happening. First, things are confusing, and there were two different attacks at two different locations--as well as demonstrations in more than one City. Second, it is a fairly poorly kept secret that there was a CIA operation of some sort going on in Libya, and there was a real need to extract people and protect assets.

Again, I have heard nothing coherent from the wing nuts here except paranoia. Take the drugs wing nuts. Calm down and look at the facts.
LHDR

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to bore people with what they already know. ( http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/10/opinion/the-republicans-benghazi-obsession.html?hp )

" The most authoritative account, completed in December, came from an independent inquiry, led by two respected and now retired officials — Thomas Pickering, a former deputy secretary of state, and Adm. Mike Mullen, a former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff."
- Do right wingers here know about this, or do they not care since it does not fit their warped Watergating theories. Where are the cover-ups, missing facts etc. that Techno and other "inquiring minds" talk about?

This "report was unsparing in concluding that “systemic failures and leadership and management deficiencies at senior levels” in the State Department’s bureaus of diplomatic security and near eastern affairs resulted in a “security posture that was inadequate for Benghazi and grossly inadequate to deal with the attack that took place.” Mrs. Clinton took responsibility for the security failures when she testified at a Congressional hearing in January. ... "

"Wednesday's hearing did not prove anything like an administration cover-up or other hysterical allegations of crimes equal to Watergate that some Republicans, such as Representative Steve King, Senator Lindsey Graham, as well as iWindsurfer Isobars, have alleged."

- How is falsely blaming a youtube video instead of a well-planned terrorist attack more than stupidity? It's not like the administration falsely claimed that, let's say, the Mormon Church, in order to weaken a Democratic president, carried out the attacks.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Techno....you and NW30 are being fleeced by the Righty media complex-again.

My last two news quotes on this subject were from ABC and CBS, so they are now part of the "Righty media complex"?
Wow, who knew, they must be really be taking over!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let me explain. Rushberger attracts 20million listeners a day-got it? They believe everything he says-got it? They buy stuff-got it? Do you think ABC/CBS also wants part of the action? they are for-profit enterprises, so I will answer for you- YES!!!
isobars

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now even BSNBC -- BSNBC -- just minutes ago, concedes that the Benghazi coverup is serious enough to warrant impeachment efforts if the GOP pursues it. This has obvious implications on several facets of this scandal, some intentional, some not so intentional:

The intentional implication is that White House involvement is serious, deliberate, purely political, possibly criminal, and clearly and deliberately deceptive.

The unintentional implication is that the GOP is the only side of the Congress with the honesty to do the right thing, so clearly revealed and illuminated by:
• The testimony this week.
• The left wing media's confession yesterday and today that the White House and State Dept flat out lied about their alteration of the CIA talking points (the WH specifically states only one word had been changed, but you've all seen by now that the document was changed 12 times, some 60-70%, before Susan Rice was sent to five networks to spread the lies to protect Obama's reelection. Even if Hillary survives this ... even after she yelled, "What difference does it make" [how and why our ambassador and staff were not only killed but not defended?] ... Jay Carney's lie destroys his credibility altogether and thus the White House's credibility among honest people.

Now that the left wing media has been embarrassed by first-hand testimony, documented proof, hundreds of hours of actual news reporting, and TR into revealing the incompetence and lies (BSNBC and ABC that I know of), the lefties here and around the country and world are faced with a choice which would be easy for honest people: Do I keep supporting these lying bastards, or do I worry more about my country than about the political party my Dad supported and my radically left professors told me to support?

Don't bother comparing this to any embassies attacked under Bush. Those were on or near battlefields during war, they were comparatively minor, no ambassadors were killed, there were no coverups, and defenses was attempted and usually effective.

Last edited by isobars on Fri May 10, 2013 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 122, 123, 124  Next
Page 40 of 124

Jump to: