myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
NE weekend wind ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregnw44

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: NE weekend wind ?? Reply with quote

Hi,
Just a quick second, to check in from the "open road"... I'll check back at later times.
Currently somewhere in Nebraska Smile

I'm looking for some help from any of you with experience in predicting wind in the MA area, specifically Cape Cod, specifically Buzzards Bay, specifically Old Silver Beach, LOL

I'm heading that way and hoping to sail in that area, on Sat and Sun. I don't know the weather patterns there, or what resources to look at... and since I'm driving (almost non-stop) can't research it anyway. You're my only source.

Yes, I know you don't have a crystal ball, and it's 3 - 4 days in advance... and I understand, remnants of the tragic Okla. tornado may be heading in the same direction... which might make wind predicting this weekend, tougher than normal.

Anyway, I'm still asking... trying to get a consensus from you all, by tomorrow Thur... what your best guess is for that area, this weekend.
Any info today or tomorrow (even Fri) will be great !!
Maybe there'll be a difference between Sat and Sun... or morning vs. afternoon breezes ??

I've got a 249L raceboard and a 10.5 with me... and everything down through a 100L shortboard and 5M sail... I'm 205lbs.
I'd be happy in light winds, say, 5-15 knots.
Or moderate winds, say, a solid 10-20 knots.
Or higher winds, say, 20-30 knots (although fun, THAT will really work me Smile

I'm VERY curious and interested in what you experienced wind guys think, will happen there, this weekend.
(Oh, and if you think it'll be calm to < 5... give it to me straight, I can handle bad news too Smile
Thanks a ton !!
Greg -
shreddbob

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Greg! Watch out for those tornados in the rear view!

Re weather for Saturday/Sunday: We're in a very changeable pattern here now. Here are two links for you to check, but in patterns like this it can be very tricky to forecast anything days ahead or even hours ahead. I hope it's not NE since that's an offshore wind for Old Silver and fluky. North would be better.

General look out a few days:
http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=208930

Short term detailed look, good the day before or day of:
http://www.stormsurfing.com/cgi/display_alt.cgi?a=newengland_slp_1hr

Good luck with the driving!
outcast

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are def in a wind pattern, so i think you are timing things pretty well.
Models are all over the place, but seems like we will get a frontal passage. Timing is????
Doubt you will get glass, and doubt you will get too much.....In other words keep the stoke! Impressive that you are rolling like this. Look foward to shaking your hand....

gregnw44

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS GUYS !!!!

Taking a break, right this moment. Just crossed over the Mississippi River, on I-80... into Illinois Smile

I think I'm back on schedule. I hope to be in Gary IN in 3 hours from now, LOL
Will sleep there.
And then, unless there's big traffic issues... or some other problem. My Thur and Fri drive look a little bit easier (less miles, anyway).

Maybe I'll offer to help that guy who posted from Cleveland (or somewhere)... looking for a beginner lesson... "too funny" if I had an hour, to help him.

Thanks for the weather links but no time to look at 'em now.
Keep any wind updates coming, as things become more defined !!
Greg -
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: