myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have your answer. I read about it in the paper yesterday,saw it online, on CNN and in the NYT print edition.
The media is covering it.
You are actually in Baja aren't you?
You really don't know that we are reading all this news in the US media.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
You have your answer. I read about it in the paper yesterday,saw it online, on CNN and in the NYT print edition.
The media is covering it.
You are actually in Baja aren't you?
You really don't know that we are reading all this news in the US media.
really two out of how many out there, 800? 2000?

wow are you really that math deficient? I had asked you before how you did in math before. You really just do not understand it.

I give the example of there are some people so deficient in mechanical ability and there is just no way they will ever be able to fix a simple thing as a AC unit in a car. Or even change a belt. And from what you keep supporting you will just never understand how math plays in determining statistical relevance in reporting of items.

Again the fact that this person was working 3 months with pay like that with as a high school drop out, imagine how much others were making with real degrees. why isn't this front page every day all across the USA for a month. again this is a threat to national security that they are spending 5-10 times a employee over normal rates. major waste is damaging national security. I heard also that the higher ups are paid like rock stars, this deserves a congressional investigation of stealing from taxpayers isf try and people involved in such theft to damage us national security should be sent to secret prisons and held without trial.

Last edited by real-human on Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

once again the largest print owner in the USA that the average person has no clue who they are. But again the right wing claims the media is liberal, and this company is as partisan right wing as they come. here they are getting larger control of other media.

http://www.adweek.com/news/television/gannett-buy-broadcaster-belo-22-billion-150272

Quote:
The TV broadcasting business has just gotten a major vote of confidence from Gannett, the No. 1 U.S. newspaper company. This morning, Gannett announced that it agreed to buy regional television company Belo in a $2.2 billion dollar deal, creating what it calls a broadcast "Super Group" and nearly doubling the size of its TV holdings.
According to a statement from the companies, Gannett will pay around $2.2 billion, which includes $1.5 billion in Belo shares and another $715 million in existing debt. The deal has already been passed by both companies' boards and is expected to close at the end of this year, subject to approval by the FCC.
When the deal closes, Gannett's TV holdings will increase from 23 to 43 stations, making Gannett the country’s fourth-largest owner of major network affiliates, and reaching nearly a third of all U.S. households. With the addition of Belo’s Dallas and Houston affiliates, Gannett will have a total of four stations in top 10 markets (it already owns affiliates in Atlanta and Washington, D.C.) and will become the No. 1 CBS affiliate group and No. 4 ABC affiliate group while expanding its position as the No. 1 NBC affiliate group.

….
Belo owns 20 local TV stations—including ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and the CW affiliates—in 15 markets across the U.S. Belo spun off its newspapers in 2007, forming a separate Dallas-based media company called the A.H. Belo Corp.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are pretending that you read 800 newspapers when in fact you read none at all.
The media outlets which reach most Americans are the ones I read.
So you say that the 800 papers you read are the ones suppressing these stories, but most people see the story anyway?
Baja you seem like a nice guy in other ways but you are part of the group which insert an insult in each post.
That is regrettable . Are you sure you want to be in that group?
I and others usually stop reading when we reach the insult. After that point you lose your audience and are talking to yourself.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
You are pretending that you read 800 newspapers when in fact you read none at all.
The media outlets which reach most Americans are the ones I read.
So you say that the 800 papers you read are the ones suppressing these stories, but most people see the story anyway?
Baja you seem like a nice guy in other ways but you are part of the group which insert an insult in each post.
That is regrettable . Are you sure you want to be in that group?
I and others usually stop reading when we reach the insult. After that point you lose your audience and are talking to yourself.

Ok let me try to esplain it to you aggain. This is not the first time. after this I must ask that you go educate yourself in math stats so you can get a clue.

When I make these claims of the media not covering for instance a certain slant I google it under news. I see who covered it and who didn't. For instance if it has 15,000 hits I do not make that claim. If only a few come up I make that claim. I know I have told you this at least one time. Do you understand yet.

See it is a valid statistical method of determining the outcome. I have tried to explain to you statistics are used all over where you would not know, like finding tax cheats and so on. Stats are a valid tool. It is a shame so many people are so deficient in Math in the USA.

again just because you do not understand it does not mean it isn't correct. I bet I could spend a lifetime trying to get some people to understand the theory of relativity which to me is such a simple concept. There are just some people that are that math and physics incompetent that it is not worth the effort.. Just as for me I have no problem admitting I am a dyslexic and will never write well. I admit my weakness can you yours?
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You began this post with an insult so I didn't read the rest.
In the future I won't bother.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
You began this post with an insult so I didn't read the rest.
In the future I won't bother.
Excellent.... when I have to repeat myself on the same exact subject to the same poster do not expect sugar coating.

and this is also amazing your post before this one was a insult and you can not even abide by your own rules you are telling others to abide by.. get it...
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is another one you can not find in the right wing media at all....

have been listening to it, the actual testimony by the NSA top brass....

and what a bunch of misleading testimony.

no one asking if the so called stopped plots would have been stopped using just normal fisa activities of the past. How many of the 50 would have been stopped just using fisa of yesteryear?

Here are examples, of question not being asked

they state there is no "switch" that could be thrown to listen in under this program by a analyst. first it depends what you define a switch is.. And this was to this specific program not all programs... here is the proper question. Well is there any program that an analyst can use to by themselves listen in or copy a conversation.

Next question I would ask is did the intelligence agencies work with any republicans on any wording of the questions to be asked. IE these carefully crafted question that are asked about the specific program (ie limiting the real question) vs all programs, was there a discussion about that with any elected official.
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Majority of Americans Don't Trust Newspapers and Television News

According to a new Gallup poll, confidence in mass media continues to fall

By Allie Bidwell

Continuing a decades-long downward trend, fewer than one-fourth of Americans have confidence in newspapers, according to a recent Gallup poll.

The percentage of Americans saying they have "a great deal" or "quite a lot" of confidence in newspapers dropped to 23 percent this year from 25 percent last year, according to a report on the poll, which was released Monday.

American confidence in newspapers reached its peak at 51 percent in 1979, and a low of 22 percent in 2008.

But newspapers don't stand alone. Confidence in television news has also been slipping — it's tied with newspapers this year at 23 percent, which is slightly up from last year's all-time low of 21 percent. Newspapers and television news rank near the bottom of a list of 16 "societal institutions," according to the report. The only institutions television news and newspapers beat out this year are big business, organized labor, health maintenance organizations and Congress. Americans expressed the most confidence in the military, at 76 percent, and small businesses, at 65 percent.

Gallup attributed the drop in confidence to a number of factors, including a growth in social networking websites and an online audience that left news outlets struggling to find their place.

"Americans' confidence in newspapers and television news has been slowly eroding for many years, worsening further since 2007," the report says. "By that point, newspapers and television news had been struggling for years to figure out how to adjust their strategy for a growing Internet audience."

Though all key demographic groups express low levels of confidence in the media, according to the report, the levels of negativity varied by age, education and gender. College graduates are less likely to trust the media than those with only a high school diploma, for example. The poll also found that women are slightly more confident than men in both television news and newspapers.

Much of the confidence can also be measured by political orientation. Conservatives remain the most critical of newspapers and television news, while liberals are the most supportive. Confidence in newspapers by party also mirrors their ideologies. Democrats are most confident, at 33 percent, while Republicans, at 16 percent, are least confident.

"The divided Congress, with Democrats controlling the Senate and Republicans the House, is likely part of the reason for the low levels of confidence rank-and-file Democrats and Republicans express, and is tied to Americans' frustrations with Congress' inability to get much done," the report says.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/18/majority-of-americans-dont-trust-newspapers-and-television-news
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It makes perfect sence to me, wondering why this took so long to figure out.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Journalists have known this for a very long time. One group of Americans firmly believes that the right is controlling all news because the Republicans clearly own the majority of the media outlets.

On the other side ,not all conservatives care for the reporting of great range of points of view.
This group has made conservative talk a big successs, with its insistent single point of view.
The majority of journalists are clearly a liberal crowd. You can see this in newsrooms for yourself.
Both groups can make a good case.
Money drives the choice of news, just like the products for sale in every other large industry and most media outlets will turn on a dime to present the point of view that makes the most money. Fox is an excellent example. Murdoch operates liberal leaning local media outlets all over the US.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 82 of 277

Jump to: