myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windwiner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who was involved in getting Anita sensor back online so quickly. Much appreciated.
windfind

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi windwiner,

All the thanks goes to Stuart Hill who made a special flight into the Bay Area. And to the Saint Francis Yacht Club that provided the boat to get out to Anita Rock.

Encourage kiters to stay either well upwind or downwind from the Anita Rock to taking out the sensor or worse the Nav. Aid light. If that ever happened we could lose permission to have a sensor on a Federal Nav. Aid.

Mike Godsey

marine layernew.jpg
 Description:
San Francisco at dawn today:
 Filesize:  203.54 KB
 Viewed:  15000 Time(s)

marine layernew.jpg

PAmuddog

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Stuart!

Great pictures Mike!

Question.........Is there a chance they would ban kite boarding at Crissy the next time a kite boarder takes out the navigation light? That would seem to be a better solution than removing a sensor that has no connection to a kite board accident other than the result.

BTW, I'm not anti kite boarding (I might even give it a try one day) just asking a question. Smile

Last edited by PAmuddog on Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
windfind

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi PAmuddog,

Not my photos just images from some of the cams I use each morning.

A kiter has never taken out the nav. aid light. But this was the second time the sensor has been out. The sensor is no big deal other than it takes a lot of money for the flight, car, motel, boat etc.

But damaging a nav. aid would be a different story since the feds get involved. So the best thing is for windsurfers doing big loops and kiters to stay away from Anita Rock.

Mike Godsey
iwindsurf.com/ikitesurf.com
Georges

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure would like the address to those cams Very Happy
dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windfind wrote:

A kiter has never taken out the nav. aid light. But this was the second time the sensor has been out. The sensor is no big deal other than it takes a lot of money for the flight, car, motel, boat etc.

But damaging a nav. aid would be a different story since the feds get involved. So the best thing is for windsurfers doing big loops and kiters to stay away from Anita Rock.

Not sure I really understand why when it comes to Kiters there is always an excuse ... and even a kind of half hearted attempt to share the blame (winsurfers doing a big loop over point Anita!!! Wow, really want to see that!).

I understand that kiters are actually paying costumers for iwindsurf, but to think that kiters will stay away from point Anita is kind of ridiculous: they launch right in front of it.

As many keep suggesting kiters should be allowed to launch only west of the lagoon river mouth. Everybody would be happier: no more accidents with beach goers (a lawsuit just waiting to happen), no more idiotic close calls in the area between the beach and point Anita, and no more "taking off" of paraphernalia such as sensors, antennas .. what next? A propeller from a Red and White Boat? Embarassed
Arrgh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvCali wrote:

Not sure I really understand why when it comes to Kiters there is always an excuse ... and even a kind of half hearted attempt to share the blame (winsurfers doing a big loop over point Anita!!! Wow, really want to see that!).

Let's just tell Anita she should stay upwind and 30 yards away from kiters. Problem solved!
windfind

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="dvCali"]
windfind wrote:

Not sure I really understand why when it comes to Kiters there is always an excuse ... and even a kind of half hearted attempt to share the blame (windsurfers doing a big loop over point Anita!!! Wow, really want to see that!).

Hi dvCali,

Sorry my loopy attempt at humor was too subtle for you.

Mike Godsey
iwindsurf.com
dvCali

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windfind wrote:

Hi dvCali,

Sorry my loopy attempt at humor was too subtle for you.

... not everybody can be so subtle Twisted Evil ... but I like the idea of telling Anita to just keep her distance: we all know where bad companies can lead girls (and boys) Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: