myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevinkan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TI has been great the last three days for me on 4.4/85 (four days for other people). so fun.
https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
beallmd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some reasonably good days at Washoe of late. Good summer pattern now for thermals coming down from Tahoe into the Washoe valley.
TheItalianJobber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Crissy 7/13 Reply with quote

Got lucky yesterday at Crissy starting early (4PM) while still flooding, an hour before slack time. It was a little light, but steady and with no fog in sight. I went 105l and 5.8 which is 1 size sail bigger than what I usually go for (I rather sail a bigger board than a bigger sail... it's just me).
A little overpowered on the outside. Sailed up all the way to the South tower in smooth chop, exit the Gate at Ft. Point (which is always interesting), and sailed a good hour outside the bridge span riding the little swell created by the towers on both sides.
Broke a harness line at the North tower and made it back in a single downwind run to "the trees", then slogged a bit there.

Again (in relation to what discussed here: http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26575&p=211997), I was by myself, with two kiters and three dolphins. I think most regulars were either bothered by the AC, the fog or the flood.

Also, again: I think that a traffic/beach access report could be included here: http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.iws?regionID=163&siteID=214&Isection=On+Site...
I'd post it (but I'm not a regular). Traffic in the area was fine, but it's the one thing it's really hard to check remotely.
dvCali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Stick 7/13 7/16 Coyote 7/14 7/17 7/18 7/19 Reply with quote

Stick very weak on 7/13. Out with 6.0 Firelight + Isonic 110 (!) to practice tacks. [Log went like this: tack (splash), tack (splash), tack (splash), tack (hei I made one ... ops ... splash), tack (splash), tack (splash) ... count to 276 ... tack, tack, tack, tack ... hei! did I learn how to tack? (splash)]

Coyote great day on 7/14. Out with the Firelight 4.3 RRD 85 I spent 2 hours plus around the channel markers perfectly powered. Much fun to play with the few sailboats out. One of the best days of the season Very Happy

Stick very odd on 7/15. Out with 5.0 and FSW 100 but got sick of the flaky conditions and close up early

Coyote very good day on 7/17. Out with the Firelight 5.0 RRD 85 I spent close to 2 hours north of the channel markers, powered up, nice swell well past the channel markers Very Happy

Coyote blowing on 7/18. Out with the Firelight 5.0 but could have been easily with the Firelight 4.3 outside. Decided to soldier on and stay mostly inside the second yellow buoy. Nice time but quite beaten after 2.5 hour of overpowered sailing Shocked Shocked

Coyote great day on 7/19. Blowing as strong as 7/18 but I am out with the Firelight 4.3 RRD 85 perfectly powered up. 2.5+0.5 hours mostly slighlty south of the channel markers, with nice smooth swell toward the end of the day Very Happy

And this closes the week, this Saturday and Sunday I am off windsurfing

Last edited by dvCali on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:14 pm; edited 5 times in total
edalunan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: 7/14 TI Reply with quote

Its been a while since I've sailed TI and I forgot how good the ramps are out there. Launch via pipes and back via ramp.

5.0 85L at 5:15ish. Powered up and jumping like a madman. Two other sailors out but I soon found myself sailing alone Shocked
windward1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: San Francisco Crissy when AC 72 & Ki Lenny Raced? Reply with quote

Was anyone out at the time and witnessed this race?

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/sports/ci_23672519/kai-lennys-kiteboard-vs-oracle-team-usas-ac72?nstrack=sid:1355546|met:0000300|cat:0|order:21&%2F%3Fsource=dailyme
koogzah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd. 1500-1700. OPed on a 5.2 on a flood and loving it. Warm smooth water. Fresh water showers. Kegs of ice cold IPA. Half-to-fully naked beautiful people of both sexes and sexual orientations ready to help you derig and explore your deepest fantasies. Perhaps I exaggerate a bit.
TheItalianJobber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: San Francisco Crissy when AC 72 & Ki Lenny Raced? Reply with quote

windward1 wrote:
Was anyone out at the time and witnessed this race?

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/sports/ci_23672519/kai-lennys-kiteboard-vs-oracle-team-usas-ac72?nstrack=sid:1355546

Haha!
That totally reminded me of this...
Laughing

DestroyerChasesMilleniumFalcon.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  220.97 KB
 Viewed:  11912 Time(s)

DestroyerChasesMilleniumFalcon.jpg

bert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: TI Reply with quote

1.5 hr session at TI on Thursday early as usual (1 pm). Just myself and the lone fisherman at the point. 4.7/80L was just at the threshold of efficient sailing and sometimes that's the most enjoyable type of sailing. Wind was picking up to the low 20's at the end of my session. Don't sail often at TI but I'm convinced that it's the best sailing site on the Bay except for the launch..climbing down and up the riprap is getting more difficult for this almost 64 yr old geezer.
SwellRipper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: TI Reply with quote

Bert you don't launch from the boat ramp in the cove on the north side of TI? Where do you launch from?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 9 of 329

Jump to: