myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
freestyle board for freesailing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jingebritsen wrote:

want to free style or have a glass ceiling on your top speeds? FS. some can't stomach sailing lit up over chop. it's a skill learned, but riding a board that doesn't jackhammer helps a bunch in learning how. got not much wave opp's too? FS. in all, FS board for free riding is a bit of a trap. if certain conditions prevail, or one sails far from lit up, then one may not know one has been held in such a trap? these are choices. i'm not trying to pick on anyone, just point out the pro's and con's from my perspective.

FS boards are not the choice of those who can't stomach sailing lit over chop. They are the choice of those who want to have a more radical experience than they'd have on bigger boards and sails. I've posted before that IMHO freestyle boards suck in disorganized chop. No fun at all. That's when the other boards (93 + 77 FSW) come out of the van. Because I love blasting lit over chop. As the vast majority of people I know who sail a FS board as their biggest board do.

johnl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people mentioned that the 90 freestyle handled chop better than others but if you look at the design of that one it is close to a FSW because at wind strength that the pros pull out a 90l board you can bet there is chop Smile One of the reasons why the bigger freestyle boards get bouncier on chop or when bigger people use them in chop. They are designed for a wind range and the conditions "normally" found in that range.

PP I go up to a 6.2 on my Naish FS 115. I really don't like that sail on it cause for what I am working on it's just too big (live the 5.7 on it though). But like you said I'm planing when others are out on 7+ meter sails and bigger boards..
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by isobars on Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:35 am; edited 2 times in total
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jingebritsen wrote:
for hammer down types, FS boards are not palatable ...
want to free style or have a glass ceiling on your top speeds? FS. some can't stomach sailing lit up over chop. it's a skill learned, but riding a board that doesn't jackhammer helps a bunch in learning how. got not much wave opp's too? FS. in all, FS board for free riding is a bit of a trap. if certain conditions prevail, or one sails far from lit up, then one may not know one has been held in such a trap? these are choices. i'm not trying to pick on anyone, just point out the pro's and con's from my perspective.

Right .... and 7.

Last edited by isobars on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeconicPuffin wrote:
FS boards are not the choice of those who can't stomach sailing lit over chop. ... freestyle boards suck in disorganized chop. No fun at all.

isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnl wrote:
Mike can't let it go … [and later] if it had been somebody else, I would have reacted the exact same way

Apparently not, as it seems to be OK for you and others to support my comments eight times AND fabricate claims like your next comment. How do you guys type such stuff with a straight face?

johnl wrote:
your FIRST words said you had no experience on freestyle boards

Is that a lie, or are you just shooting at my posts without reading them? Direct quote:” “Skates might make fantastic BAF/freeride/small wave boards; I have no idea.”

johnl wrote:
felt the need to type something which you know NOTHING first hand about!

I apologize deeply. I missed the Constitutionl amendment about being forbidden to relate facts and observations about others’ experiences, even if supported 8 times in this thread alone, including by you. I also didn’t get the memo abut not referring folks to previous threads on a topic. Besides, how do you know whether I’ve ever sailed a FS board?

OTOH, you profess to know not only what I have [not] said and [not] sailed, but also what facts, emotions, and opinions are in my head (e.g., “you feel the need to feel like you know everything”), and yet again you just lie despite proof to the contrary (e.g., “T... answering every single fricking post you see”). Talk about knowledge ego!

johnl wrote:
this pisses me off

I suggest a chill pill. I’m much more interested in offering relevant and useful facts, opinions, experiences, and sources to people who request it -- especially if $2,000 or a trip across the ocean is at stake -- than in others’ emotional problems.

johnl wrote:
If I wanted rumor then great, but people come here for first hand information, not what somebody else told them.

Yet everything typed here instantly becomes heresay (or “seetype”) to the reader. “I like my FS board”, “Some FS boards ride roughly on chop”, and "My bud's Goya beat the crap out of him", once seen on the screen, are nothing but hearsay. Besides, what rumor have I propagated without substantiation?

johnl wrote:
the veracity of facts can't be questioned because you don't know anything about it.

Yet you’re constantly telling us what’s in my head.

You might be a much happier and more credible person if you didn’t try so hard to decree what others may type and did actually read the posts you criticize.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else getting tired of isobars and his nonsense?
kevinkan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this thread so far:

57 posts
10 by iso
1 from iso citing some 2nd hand anecdotal stuff
9 from iso defending himself

Rolling Eyes

the OP is looking for information and getting a pissing match instead.

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
noshuzbluz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Anyone else getting tired of isobars and his nonsense?

Not iWindsurf! Wink

isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevinkan wrote:
the OP is looking for information and getting a pissing match instead.

Exactly. Because iW and Weatherflow refuse to moderate the pissing, it's incessant, and I reserve the right to complain about it and defend myself occasionally so the astute readers can see who's doing the hosing. If more people would chastise the worst offenders, maybe it would diminish.

Notice that not only did no one dispute my comments addressing the OP's quest ... the criticism, all (of the ones I can see) from two of the usual suspects, was not about content but that I'm the one who posted it ... but that 8 posts, including yours, supported mine. No surprise, given that my comments were based on the anecdotal experiences of many FS board users including many of you here, plus magazine discussions, plus my own experience with boards sharing features with FS boards. (Anecdotal does not mean rumor, or wrong, or second hand; it merely refers to facts and opinions based on single or small samples, like those of each person here.)

These people are not going to stop their ad hominem pissing until more people get in their faces about it and ask iW and WF to moderate it, and I'm not going to completely ignore ALL of it ... merely 90% of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: