myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
More on Front or Back
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jse

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: More on Front or Back Reply with quote

OK, today driving up to sail at Treasure Island I noticed a sailor pissing on the ground in front (Front) of the abandoned condos. Right out where passing cars (myself thankly, and not a resident) and neighbors could notice him. I (and most others) discretely walk around the back and take a leak behind the buildings (Back) if needed. So I'm thinking Front is a no no, Back is cool. Like we don't a) Drink beer openly, b) walk around in our underwear, c) play our music loud or make a lot of noise, d) rig on the lawns in front of occupied buildings and e) park in resident's parking spaces. Maybe we should f) NOT PISS IN FRONT OF THE WORLD before or after sailing??? Just sayin'

Don't want to get this "Treasure" taken away from us.

Steve
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: More on Front or Back Reply with quote

jse wrote:
... rig on the lawns in front of occupied buildings

I often do, after asking. No one, whether businesses or private homes, has refused yet. Nice grass!

As for your main point, there's no excuse. It's too easy to keep a Tide detergent bottle in the car for that purpose. Anyone noticing a guy (or practiced gal) using that is paying way too much attention to him (her). We see far too many lazy sailors walking 75-100 feet to whiz in the bushes to avoid walking 100-150 feet to the Porta Potty or flush toilets. Kids walk there, guys; THIMK.
whitevan01

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: More on Front or Back Reply with quote

jse wrote:
I noticed a sailor pissing on the ground in front (Front) of the abandoned condos. Right out where passing cars (myself thankly, and not a resident) and neighbors could notice him.
Steve

Interesting that you are talking about residents and neighbors of an abandoned condo.

huh?
victor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve,

was it ken boyd?
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars hit the nail on the head. For years I have carried a plastic bottle in my van to pee in. The idea of just peeing about, even around the back in the bushes, isn't very sensible at all. Over time it creates an unsanitary area that smells bad and isn't healthful.
jp5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh oh...we pee in the bushes at Leo all the time. No wonder we haven't seen you in a while SW!
PAmuddog

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Us Dawgs have been peeing on the unwanted encroaching Coyote bushes at PA for some time now. One spot is thinning out quite nicely! Laughing
Georges

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's wrong with pissing in your wetsuit like the rest of the world......
veterduet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best way I know of to keep warm on a cold day.
tomg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Reminder: we are guests at TI: the City and /or Navy could shut us out at any time.

Also as a SFBA rep I met with TI housing folks early this year and [again] offered to set up and pay for a portable toilet for our use. They declined citing the concept that it would be a magnet for trouble (?!). They did point out that there are already public porty johns out at the entrance to TI. (2 available to the right of the guard shack.) Closer still, occasionally, i see toilets set up at the grass fields south of the launch.

So be discrete when seeking relief.

Tomg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: