myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
More on Front or Back
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: More on Front or Back Reply with quote

whitevan01 wrote:
jse wrote:
I noticed a sailor pissing on the ground in front (Front) of the abandoned condos. Right out where passing cars (myself thankly, and not a resident) and neighbors could notice him.
Steve

Interesting that you are talking about residents and neighbors of an abandoned condo.

huh?

If you never have been to TI I would understand your confusion. We are "allowed" to park in front of the condemned condo buildings, but adjacent to them are occupied buildings. People drive through there often on the way to and from their homes. Also from some of the occupied unites, he would have been in plain sight. I say "allowed" because there is no policy that says we can't park there and launch. In fact there is a sign at the launch that says "Sailboarding prohibited". So there is reason for concern. We could have our access taken away if we do not behave well.

Steve
rpaillon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Be Discreet Reply with quote

I would like to second what Steve says about being allowed to sail at the discretion of the TI authorities. This issue may sound humorous but it needs to be taken seriously. If we alienate the neighbors at TI we will have our access denied. Sailors have been pretty good about informing new comers of the situation and the need to be respectful of the residents.

If I were a resident at TI I would be inclined to complain if I saw people peeing in public on a regular basis. Behind the units is also public and a lot of residents walk along the paved path behind the units, so that location shouldn't be recommended for peeing. I solved the pee thing with a large yogurt container that I use seated in the front seat of my car and which I discreetly dump behind the abandoned units. A detergent bottle with a cap would be a better idea so it could be dumped at a convenient location without having to spend time to make a trip behind the units.

Let's pass the word in a friendly manner to whomever you see doing something that the residents could take offense over.

Rick
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has it ever occurred to you guys to dump your bottles into toilets? Jeez, just because Mother Nature made peeing so convenient for us guys doesn't enhance our right to be pigs about it.

Which reminds me of the time a chic in an open convertible pulled up alongside a cattle truck in line at a red light. BEEEEEG mistake; cow pee exits horizontally, and she had no place to go when the cow cut loose right onto her. My dairy farmer father-in-law laughed until he cried when he saw that.
victor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when my grandparents saw a person with freckles they'd say "musta walked behind a cow"
victor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>we will have our access denied<

B.S.

i do not condone public urination or other obnoxious or dangerous behavior, but i have yet to see access denied at any launch site in the bay area despite what all of the self appointed "mayors" have said.

even TI with NO WINDSURFING signs prominently posted has more windsurfers now than it has ever had.

pee in a bottle? that's just plain disgusting, even if jeff bridges did it in crazy heart.

use a little common sense, dude. nobody wants to see you peeing OR carrying around a bottle of urine.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to carry it around. A 2-liter detergent bottle has a handle, lasts all day, and even allowing for the cold water its 2.5" top is hard to miss.
jp5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
No need to carry it around. A 2-liter detergent bottle has a handle, lasts all day, and even allowing for the cold water its 2.5" top is hard to miss.

Unless you're a chick in which case you need the S.T.U.D. or STanding Urinating Device*

Never leave home without your STUD!

*Patent pending.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: