myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
U.S. now an international laughing stock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how Syria voted? I wonder if the "red line" statement by Obama meant anything. If we have another 911 type attack, I wonder how Obama will respond?

It's tough to know when and how to get involved, but it's best to mean what you say, in my opinion.

I don't have all the answers.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
I wonder how Syria voted? I wonder if the "red line" statement by Obama meant anything. If we have another 911 type attack, I wonder how Obama will respond?

It's tough to know when and how to get involved, but it's best to mean what you say, in my opinion.

I don't have all the answers.

how do you think the red line by reagun was accepted in the bombing in Lebanon, he cut and ran from there setting policy. Plus in a massad book it was alleged that reagun traded military stuff to have the hostages released, and these same high explosives were what were used to kill the marines in to that date the worst terrorist attack in the history of the USA. and reygun cut and ran from Lebanon.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless we are attacked on our soil we should walk away from conflicts like Canada does. Which war that we won benefitted us.?
Korea? Iraq?Vietnam?Panama?
What did we get for our dead people and trillions of tax money?
How about wars we lost like Vietnam?
What did we lose?
If a smart Pres. had turn tail and run like you say Reagen did, then we would have saved a vast fortune and a lot of heroes with the same outcome.
Most folks don't remember Lebanon conflicts because they never turned into a death hole for our people.
Thanks Ronnie.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:

As usual: Golf. Celebrity ball. Campaigning. Gladhanding rappers who advocate killing cops and demeaning women. Promising to actually react if Syria or Al Qaeda do it AGAIN.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Unless we are attacked on our soil we should walk away from conflicts like Canada does. Which war that we won benefitted us.?
Korea? Iraq?Vietnam?Panama?
What did we get for our dead people and trillions of tax money?
How about wars we lost like Vietnam?
What did we lose?
If a smart Pres. had turn tail and run like you say Reagen did, then we would have saved a vast fortune and a lot of heroes with the same outcome.
Most folks don't remember Lebanon conflicts because they never turned into a death hole for our people.
Thanks Ronnie.
ronnie did attack grenada... and with his training Bin Laden and the likes and same with trading arms for hostages and arming and training human rights abusers all over south america. Trading and helping Noriaga... Just look at our CIAs sucesses too. just about every modern mass murderer was helped by the CIA.

and Ronnie never sought justice for that terrorist attack in Lebanon, iE because it was his explosives that killed Americans for trading hostages release.

Anyway ronnie also said tear down those solar panels that Carter put up. Ronnie said let the oil companies make us energy independent. Where Carter said it was the most important national security item was to not be dependent on foreign energy. Do you think the right wingers would have gone to Iraq if we were energy independent?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bajaDean wrote:
can you right wingers understand a simple chart?

Can you show me how many countries in the ENTIRE world have a more unfovorable rating on Obama vs what Bush had when he left office.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/06/18/in-germany-they-still-love-obama/

Quote:
Today, according to new Pew Research Center data not yet released in a report, 88% of Germans say they have confidence in Obama to do the right thing in world affairs. In stark contrast, just 14% had confidence in Bush during his last year in office.

WEREN'T THE GERMANS THE ONES WHO ELECTED ADOLPH HITLER? DON'T THEY SMOKE CIGARETTES WHEN THEY ARE HAVING SEX? DIDN'T THEY PUT THE JEWS AND POLES IN THE OVENS? WTF...Who cares what the German think.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:

WEREN'T THE GERMANS THE ONES WHO ELECTED ADOLPH HITLER? DON'T THEY SMOKE CIGARETTES WHEN THEY ARE HAVING SEX? DIDN'T THEY PUT THE JEWS AND POLES IN THE OVENS? WTF...Who cares what the German think.

And does anyone wonder why some right wing americans make the world laugh at us. Yes put another Bush or right winger in power to make wars with lies. Or be delusional about world history.

this guy forgets we had salves to build america and make it an economic strong nation. These slaves were beaten to a pulp, raped daily, made no money, worked in conditions that made concentration camps seem like normal living vs the treatment a slave received for hundreds of years. I think the last lynching that I heard of was 1955 well after the Nazis were gone. That lynching in the south was because a black man had the nerve to whistle at a white girl. and we still have white nazi supremists and neo nazis, and skin heads all a welcomed part of the republican party. The republican party even plays to their racist base by the majority of the elected right wing officials.

http://www.yale.edu/ynhti/curriculum/units/1979/2/79.02.04.x.html

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091222045940AAY1hbI

Quote:
By the 1950s, the Civil Rights Movement was gaining momentum. Membership in the NAACP increased in states across the country. The NAACP achieved a significant US Supreme Court victory in 1954 ruling that segregated education was unconstitutional. A 1955 lynching that sparked public outrage about injustice was that of Emmett Till, a 14-year-old boy from Chicago. Spending the summer with relatives in Money, Mississippi, Till was killed for allegedly having wolf-whistled at a white woman. Till had been badly beaten and shot before being thrown into the Tallahatchie River. His mother insisted on a public funeral with an open casket, to show people how badly Till's body had been disfigured. News photographs circulated around the country, and drew intense public reaction. People in the nation were horrified that a boy could have been killed for such an incident. The state of Mississippi tried two defendants, but they were speedily acquitted.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:

BTW Steve my challenge to you and the right wingers was to give me the number of countries in the entire world that had a lower approval rating of Obama than what Bush did to us.

I am waiting.... I believe Egypt is one. or is it the only one?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bajaDean wrote:

And does anyone wonder why some right wing americans make the world laugh at us.

No it's this sort of display of ignorant arrogance that we're laughing at.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Who cares what the German think.

An exception: Chancellor Merkel has very publicly and very soundly criticized Obama, most notably on his whacko economic folly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 5 of 17

Jump to: