myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
a letter to Exocet
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually John, I was serious in my comment, and I wasn't trying to put you on the spot. You are in the same dilemma as many sponsored sailors. It's important that you're riding the latest products from your sponsor. Too much independence, even if you choose to continue riding an older model, tends to jeopardize the relationship. Many folks envy the idea of being sponsored by a brand, but often fail to recognize the responsibilities that go with the relationship.
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortunately, i've got a terrific sponsor. he wants me to tell him the good, bad and ugly. what's good for the consumer is (eventually) good for the industry. wish more folks in every industry i've been involved with was that smart to say as much.

if something is truly remarkable, and i get to a point where i can have jean-marie make a few, i'll get something custom. that sort of independently wealthy may be years or more away, but a thought.

agreed with bard, the Exo-Wave 105 pro is remarkable. although the X-Wave 111 is very close, that would be the first on my list of stuff to resurrect. jury's out on the 11'5 carbon vs the 10'2 windsup. will know more in the next few months.

the truly crying shame is the SS II 89. it came in a light edition and was only available for a very brief time. it was the most perfect jiber i've ever sailed in its class.

http://www.epicgearusa.com/
waterloo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see how the 10'2 WindSUP turns out.

I love the 11'5 and the 11'8 is growing on me. If I had the inclination to have a custom made for my situation though, I would take the 11'5 and shorten to about 11', widen to about 73-74cm and ever so slightly reduce the rocker, all else being equal.
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got most of what you said waterloo, just not the near perfect length(?). water line while slogging onto a wave means easier wave grabbing. a bit wider makes for easier paddling/planing. we'll see soon. wish i had an opp right away, but weather really schtinks of late.... work's kinda full up too.
http://www.epicgearusa.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: