myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Obama vs. the Tea Party--who can lead?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Most of the Tea's are Mom and Pop's who love a simpler more peaceful America, and although they are poor (for the most part) and are hicks

The TP rallies I attended included many affluent, highly educated professionals and scientists common to Richland (TriCities), WA. Demographics depend on where the rallies pop up. Statistically, poor people tend to love big government and heavy taxes because those are the sources of the unearned handouts that keep them poor and voting for the Donkey.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tea Party made a major effort to attend meetings on Plan Bay Area in the Bay area. They were, uniformly, the kind of paranoids that populate City Council meetings and Board of Supervisor meetings, commenting on everything with a knowledge and understanding of nothing. The elected Tea Party members are, in many cases, like Michelle Bachman. They attended a third rate college, often in religious studies, and they say things that are just astonishing in terms of their ignorance. Ignorance can, of course, be cured--but it requires work.

Speaking of work, I am still waiting for a Tea Party accomplishment. Perhaps you could post one of the bills that Bachman proposed--that failed to pass?
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original TeaParty was a compelling bipartisan idea.
The result is a clear demonstration of why we don't want religion in government.
The idea that your pastor would be a lot better than Cheney in power is appealing just like the ideas of the Teas.
In Euro history the politicians like Cheney became the pastors also and our ancestors fled to America to escape both the gov. and the church.
The teas are still nice people, but their leadership is the worse part of a bad Congress.
If you are a rotten candidate for public office you run as a Tea.
I would also like to hear about a single piece of legislation they passed, or I would like a refund to the American people of their stolen paychecks.

Last edited by keycocker on Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
mac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The full legislative accomplishments of Michelle Bachman:

H.Res. 373 (111th): Expressing support for designation of the month of September as “National Hydrocephalus Awareness Month"
H.Res. 923 (110th): Recognizing the State of Minnesota’s 150th anniversary.
H.Res. 789 (110th): Honoring public child welfare agencies, nonprofit organizations and private entities providing services for foster children.

Three resolutions (they do that by acclaim, like sending congratulations cards to constituents reaching their 50th anniversary.

On her resume, this note:

Quote:
The WSJ and the National Journal looked at Michele Bachmann's frequent stump line about her background as a tax lawyer. From the WSJ:

Republican presidential hopeful Michele Bachmann touts one job as her primary professional experience before entering politics. On the campaign trail, she describes it as being a "federal tax litigation attorney." Others might call it tax collector.

Ms. Bachmann spent four years with the Internal Revenue Service district counsel office in St. Paul, Minn., from 1988 to 1992, and "worked on hundreds of civil and criminal cases," according to her congressional website.

According to NJ, her job was to " sue tax scofflaws for the Internal Revenue Service."

Their piece goes on:

As she flexes her credentials as a Republican presidential candidate in a field of former governors and corporate executives, Bachmann is more likely to describe herself as a “former federal tax litigation attorney’’—as she did in her first nationally televised debate—than as a three-term member of Congress. But she rarely, if ever, mentions the one and only employer of her legal services: the U.S. Department of Treasury

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/58685.html#ixzz2dO5wScZu

I have a first grader who understands the literary value of "distraction." A wonderful word to hear from a first grader--an immigrant from Vietnam with a vocabulary better than some on this forum. Of course, that is what the responses here have largely been. Either same old Obama hating, or distraction from the record of the right.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brits have bailed on President Obama. Who will provide cover now? The French? Or are they more interested in le Moulin Rouge than la ligne rouge?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the war mongers Obama and McCain have a bigger agenda. Are they wagging the dog because this economy is ready to collapse. There are so many back stories and intrigue to this thing. There's nothing like WW3 to boost an economy... Laughing

I still ask why Assad would chem his people when he's winning.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is quite humorous to see the Repubs 180 degree shift , from get the bad guy mentality, when in power... To dove when not in power. Partisanship knows no bounds.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggsy, Perhaps you could explain to us who the "bad guy" is in the Syrian conflict? Assad or Al Qaeda? You may also wish to consider the three most recent actions taken by this Administration in the ME. Iraq withdrawal..........country descending into civil war; Libya intervention......country descending into civil war; Egypt intervention.......country descending into civil war. Would you prefer that those you disagree with politically not learn from recent history so that you can mock their stupidity?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite the contrary elder statesman. It's good to see the Repubs have turned the corner into peaceniks, where I have been since I was 6, when my mom slapped a McGovern for prez pin on my shirt. Did you really think Iraq would have an end game ? Of the other conflicts you reference?
My stance is similar to stevenbard in that we really can't effect change. But when Benjamin Netanyahu is pleading for help, I can also see where mr Obama gave in.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furthermore , as John McCain stated , you know ... The guy you voted for in 2008... To suggest that the rebels are dominated by al queda is ignorant. The media has you by the short and curlys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 7 of 59

Jump to: