myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Face of welfare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard--that's how the right brainwashes you. There are, without a doubt, some cheaters in all the systems--welfare, housing subsidies, oil depletion allowances, etc. In the case of welfare, the level of cheating is sufficiently low that it doesn't pay to hire more people to try to catch cheaters. Those who learned the difference between anecdotal evidence, and statistically valid trends, understand this.

For those who don't really understand statistics (and the right is happy to see more kids home-schooled so they don't), they can light up their base with a story about a surfing bum--and thus screw the 90% of people on welfare that have serious problems.

Don't brainwash yourself for them.
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the right brainwashes, but the left doesn't,,,,,,,,,,, got it.

Barack - Hussein - Obama, mmm, mmm, mmm.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW30, what's your point, and how are you going to change minds? What does President Obama have to do with some perceived welfare problem? Actually, mac's made some good points in the above post. Have you?
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nw30

The way to pump up partisan rancor is to pretend Mac said that the left didn't brainwash folks. You do notice that he didn't say that?
Did you mean to say" We all know the left and the right try to brainwash us and note that you are remarking on only one of those efforts"
That is what you really think isn't it?

I am mentioning this because Mac thinks that also.
The only dispute is created by assigning an opinion to someone else who did not in fact say that or believe it.
This is not an attack on you either Nw. This is a common practice among political talking heads and is hurting our country.
Real Americans who care about their country should not copy them if we can.
I still catch myself doing this. Mac does it. Iso does little else.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
So the right brainwashes, but the left doesn't,,,,,mmm

"People" who shield their "brains" from center and right news sources would be aghast at the purely venomous $#!+ that spews from the mouths of extreme leftist (apparently about 90%) college professors, often in non-political courses. Abbreviated example from a 15-minute projectile vomit in an English course at a state university: "Republicans are all just old white guys who want to kill liberals and poor people". It's all caught on cellphone videos, and sometimes gets them fired or reassigned, so it's not faked. Students have to bias any essays far to these professors' ideology for any chance at passing grades. And in case the significance of that escapes you, that's why so many of you under the age of 50 or so ARE such far left extremists and don't even know it: you've been brainwashed. Furthermore, the self-admitted and independently proven liberal bias of your "news" sources (over 90% of your so-called "journalists" are registered and/or self-professed democrats.) Look what "news" networks hired Axelrod and Cutter recently, for God's sake.

Last edited by isobars on Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
NW30, what's your point, and how are you going to change minds? What does President Obama have to do with some perceived welfare problem? Actually, mac's made some good points in the above post. Have you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3TKMKbifgQ

This is what he means.... Leni Riefenstahl and Joeseph Goebbels couldn't have said it better... mmmm mmmm mmmm Barack Hussein Obama!
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, let me ask you this. What do young folks learn when they hear the extremist and negative voices so often heard today? At least the "lesson" in the video presented a positive view. Teaching respect for important societal, and yes, elected political figures is something that is desirable, particularly in working with young children.

You know, I have to say that I didn't necessarily believe much of the propaganda that was out there when I was growing up. Maybe that's why I'm not religious.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler, this kind of stuff would have happened under the 3rd Reich not America. Really? Did they do this for Bush? Reagan? Carter? Clinton? OK, maybe for our founding fathers 200 years after they lived. Honestly, if my father had seen this in my classroom. Singing for Reagan. He'd have punched the teacher in the nose. I'd do the same in a more gentle way. Razz

Do you not see the danger in this kind of propaganda? Government is not God. Our founding fathers made it abundantly clear that we should be wary of government overstepping its bounds. They'd be sick if they saw what we've become today.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Nw30

The way to pump up partisan rancor is to pretend Mac said that the left didn't brainwash folks. You do notice that he didn't say that?
Did you mean to say" We all know the left and the right try to brainwash us and note that you are remarking on only one of those efforts"
That is what you really think isn't it?

I am mentioning this because Mac thinks that also.
The only dispute is created by assigning an opinion to someone else who did not in fact say that or believe it.
This is not an attack on you either Nw. This is a common practice among political talking heads and is hurting our country.
Real Americans who care about their country should not copy them if we can.
I still catch myself doing this. Mac does it. Iso does little else.

This is probably the best thing I have ever read on here. Well said, no wait, perfectly put.
Bravo!!!
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

95% of all teachers vote Democrat according to Wiki. That seems like the Das Fuhrer has sufficient SS troops to spread the message to the little ones....Yah Vol!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: