myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Bizarre Stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/watch-him-pull-a-usda-mandated-rabbit-disaster-plan-out-of-his-hat/2013/07/16/816f2f66-ed66-11e2-8163-2c7021381a75_story.html

Why are there so few small businesses starting? I'd just make rabbit stew..
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2449051/Gulf-states-introduce-medical-testing-travellers-detect-gay-people-stop-entering-country.html

Gulf states testing for "Gays". Won't let them into their countries. So why are we letting them into ours? (I'm talking about people from the Gulf states)
feuser

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2449051/Gulf-states-introduce-medical-testing-travellers-detect-gay-people-stop-entering-country.html

Gulf states testing for "Gays". Won't let them into their countries. So why are we letting them into ours? (I'm talking about people from the Gulf states)

Because punishing individuals for the actions of national governments seems like a bad idea?

Reminds me of your brilliant idea from a while back to only allow people from modern, western-leaning countries to be granted political asylum in the US:
http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26131&start=80&sid=4429b0b1f9d52557e0f4fae3527017c2

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it goes something like this. Hindus aren't bombing us. Japanese aren't bombing us. Christians from the middle east aren't bombing us. Haitians aren't bombing us.

In your politically correct world, we should let Libyans in? Why? So they can sexually mutilate their wives here? Enough is enough. What I ask for is a moratorium on immigrants until we know who is here, and why they are here.

Interestingly, the people you'd have living here, detest your lifestyle.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
I think it goes something like this. Hindus aren't bombing us. Japanese aren't bombing us. Christians from the middle east aren't bombing us. Haitians aren't bombing us.

In your politically correct world, we should let Libyans in? Why? So they can sexually mutilate their wives here? Enough is enough. What I ask for is a moratorium on immigrants until we know who is here, and why they are here.

Interestingly, the people you'd have living here, detest your lifestyle.

Immigrants have always been resisted using similar language. Oddly different, savage, uneducated, hateful and violent. What's different today from the anti-immigration crowd is the groups targeted.

What you ask for is a literal impossibility and in no way bears upon your inferred goal of greater safety and security. The two idiotic brothers in Boston were here quite lawfully. Just two kids growing up in a family with a xynophobic, hate-mongering mother. That can do it.

keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hang with some Muslims.
They don't hate my lifestyle. Nice people.
I have met hundreds of Muslims abroad. They wanted to ask me about life in America because they want to live like that too.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly, in addition to the airport searches and NSA meta-data, there was a murder in DC last week.

The Feds had a road block/terrorist drill when an African American mother drove up. Possibly paranoid and panicked she sped off. Cut off by a group of black booted and armed men with guns drawn, she sped off again. Shots were fired, (not by her), crazy feds crashed their cars at high speed in several locations. They finally cornered her, and opened fire.

The Feds opened fire and sent out an alert. Congressmen hid under their desks. Later when the congressmen found out the "terrorist" was dead they all cheered and clapped. "Thank you to the Capitol police"!

But there was one mistake. She wasn't a terrorist. She was a mother fearful that her baby would be killed.

My point is, that we now have a pseudo police state with the NSA, IRS, black booted thugs in DC because of open borders and 911. IMO we have 2 options, close the borders, or accept a degree of terror in our country.

I as you all know, don't like the NSA spying on Americans. I'd prefer not to take my shoes off at airports. I like many of you have Muslim friends. I suggest a more careful examination of who enters our country rather than an open license to monitor via meta-date my gps location, my email recipients, my phone call data, or my sexual preferences. (J-Lo FYI)
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wish has been granted. The immigration service has gone crazy with their process. This started after 911.
My wife became a US citixpzen in order to escape from them.
Even the Customs folks would come out to console us. Some of them worked in Immigration and regret what has happened in their former workplace.
Does that work? They have been at it for ten years now.
Feel safer?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No KC, that is my point. They go overboard in every aspect of political correctness, and then throw the baby out with the bathwater.
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what should they do to implement your idea of checking more closely?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 27 of 37

Jump to: