myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
WINDSPORT interviews Isobars. Please join in
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
youwindsurf wrote:
Iso:

I am still waiting for the FACTS to support your ASSERTION that you have "...have beaten many lawyers in several venues..."

Do you REALLY think your stupid and presumptive (I never said all such events went to court) demands (I see no question of interest to Windsport) trump valid questioners and my other, MUCH higher, priorities?

Hold your breath ... please.

OK, by your very words then if ALL of the matters did not go to court than SOME of the matters must have gone to court. Do tell about the matters that went to court. If you don't, or can't, your assertion is entirely without merit and is a falsehood. You claim that others lie about you. It appears you lie about yourself.

I'll hold my breath for as long as you have any credibility. That should be easy. Oh, I'm already breathing again.

My demand, question, request or whatever you want to call it has nothing to do with your "interview", it has to do with you proving your assertion. You basked in the thought that others claimed that you could be an attorney and you responded by asserting that you have bested several attorneys in legal matters.

Facts count. Prove what you said is true. It can't be that difficult for a man with your free time.

If you want a question for your "interview": Why is Iso incapable of supporting his fanciful claims of superiority with any facts?
noshuzbluz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youwindsurf wrote
Quote:
3) Can you describe your favorite post here on iwindsurf or any other windsurfing related site? What was it about? How'd it go? Did it have any effect on your life outside the web? Maybe it's not your favorite post, but the post that had the largest effect on your life?

While it probably wasn't his favorite post/thread, this is part of a pretty disturbing PM I got from isobars. It appears that this forum has gotten the better of him more than once.

isobars wrote
Quote:
Had your PM been as nasty as the other one, I'd have named and quoted both of you. The rest of your PM was more objective., but you have recently gotten almost as snotty sometimes as the people in my killfile, betraying your own prior self quite often. I don't think anyone on this entire forum can conceive how disgusting I consider them to be; I have never exaggerated my feelings toward them. My wife and some of my friends have long noted the change in my demeanor since these hemorrhoids entered the scene. It pisses me off, I'm able to ignore only 95% of it, and it has shortened my fuse significantly over the past 15 years. I remain so adamant about not wanting their behavior in my home that I’m running an obsolete operating system and a computer that keeps losing important documents for one very specific reason: my killfile software won’t run on upgraded operating systems. I’m tempted to buy a new computer and partition its HD so I can run this old OS and its killfile software on a corner of it expressly and solely for this forum. I loathe their behavior, and thus some of these “people”, that much. What I will NOT let them do is exacerbate my clinical insomnia any more.

westender

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always try to avoid directly contradicting anyone's comments and refuse to engage in any pissing contests. Iso seems to thrive on pointing out other people's wrong ideas or information.

It might be good for business here but is bad manners in my book.

Maybe I have faulty impressions.

Is that a question?
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks noshuzbluz for posting isobars' PM. I have to admit that it's good to know that we're keeping him up at night. He's surely earned the insomnia he's got and more. I'm sure a chill pill and a lot less internet would go a long way in getting some more relaxing sleep. Also, maybe a little bit of green from Dude-Bro-Man to soften the edges some. The fact that it's legal now in Washington makes taking a chance a breeze.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brettn wrote:
Good one with the flossing metaphor. See, you don't need to be super wordy, just keep firing off pithy zingers like that!

Pithy zingers are fun, but don't improve anyone's windsurfing, which is my primary goal. However, one or two people are on my killfile just because they post nothing but (vacuous) one-liners; I simply don't have time for them. Not everybody on my list behaves like an impacted hemorrhoid.
noshuzbluz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not everybody on my list behaves like an impacted hemorrhoid.

There's another personal detail I didn't need to know....

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
You know what I love? Finnish poetry!

LOL! I just shot my drink out my nose!
scottwerden

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxpowers wrote:
Oh, and someone mentioned the Dangler as a comparison to Mike. We should be pretty clear that Iso and the Dangler are in two very, very different camps. I know the Dangler quite well. He's actually a friend of mine at this point. While they could both be considered controversial, the Dangler was in a completely difference category, one that left a real threat of physical harm and a giant gap from mind to 'reality.'

Let's leave that comparison well alone.

OK, I am calling BS journalism on this. You should let the community take this where they think it should go, not where your personal biases think it should go. I actually started to post a question on the similarities between iso and the dangler - both being provocative for reasons unfathomable to most of the community.

So far this so-called interview has not revealed the inner-Isobars. We have no more idea now than we did before why he behaves the way he does on numerous forums when it so clearly aggravates 90% of those who read his posts. I am starting to believe the person was right who asserted that maxpowers is a pseudonym for isobars.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottwerden wrote:
I am starting to believe the person was right who asserted that maxpowers is a pseudonym for isobars.

Mitch, is this giving you some sense of the level of sanity and veracity common here?
maxpowers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, fair enough. I won't stop you from making the comparison. You've seen precisely why I think they're different. If you make the comparison, just please consider that portion in doing so. And if you do, please try to make it a question that Iso can answer, one without any venom (if possible). I can see you're not friends. That's interesting, but if you can pose the comparison as a question rather than an insult, it might yield something.

From my perspective, they're nothing alike, even in the transgressions their charged with. Iso is charged with thinking too much. The Danlger was precisely the opposite. If you know him, you'd understand that the Dangler's experience in Vietnam was a major contributing factor to his present personality and spaciness. If you want to disparage a vet with serious psychological problems and compare him a guy that loves writing (if he sometimes takes it too far in your opinion), many might consider that both insensitive to the man with PTSS and without thought as it considers the similarities to Iso, as he appears precisely the opposite. The only commonalities that persist are that they are both controversial and getting an interview. But the comparison will probably be understood by most as an attempt to insult one by comparison to the other. In other words, it's almost certainly nothing more than a personal attack using a man you don't understand to insult a man you don't like.

But by all means, if it's something more than that, please, please let it out. I'm not deleting a comment or even ignoring it. If I say to ignore something, that's no rule. All I ask, at this point, is that you use the comparison in such a way as to get a decent response from Iso, not just to provoke him. But, like I said, I'm not in control here and can't stop you from doing that if you like. I'll just think you're not that bright if you do (unless you manage to convince me of its truth). Just a basic social consequence.

And, let me clear up that I'm not Iso. My name is Mitch Gingrich. I've written the last page of Windsport for like 3 years or something. My mission is to bring up the controversy in windsurfing, write something more than the cliche windsurfing norm, and when I look at people to do it with more than just the normal theme of "yea, this guy or girl is super awesome and rips it up, woo hoo." It's totally cool if that's not your thing, you don't agree with me, like my writing style or mission. We're just trying to do what other windsurfing publications don't. But, either way, I am a real person with a verifiable identity. I'm sure you know people that know me if you don't know me yourself.

And now.... back to the interview:

Iso: what the hell is your kill file?

And, wow, you really lose sleep over what you write here?

Do you consider the posters here your friends, enemies, part of your social life?

How do you see the difference between people you know and interact with in real life and those you only know from iWindsurf?

Can you describe any times when your posts from iwindsurf caused awkwardness or any other social consequence in real life?

What's the difference between your life as Isobars and as Mike Fick?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 7 of 25

Jump to: